Electronic Heat/AC control

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2000 | 11:58 PM
|
Question Electronic Heat/AC control

I saw a picture of a 2000 F150 or an Expedition that instead of using the standard 3 dial switch for the heat and AC it had a cool digital setup. Does anybody know if that will just plug in place of the one I've got or does it use some special wiring harness.

------------------
1998 F150 XLT 2WD, reg cab, styleside, swb, 4.6L, auto, red w/grey int.
Modifications: Replacement black leather steering wheel, Leather seat from Lariet, cd/cass combo from a superduty, 4WD bumper with lights, 4WD fender flares, Ground force lowering 2/4, 17" STX rims with 255/60R17 tires, lorider hard cover.

Old 01-30-2000 | 11:40 AM
Lightbulb

I remeber reading a post somewhere on this site about this.
It is a completely different setup from what I can remember.
If you dig enough you might be able to find the original thread on this.

Old 01-30-2000 | 06:56 PM
The 1999 Expedition shop manual list the following parts in addition to the standard a/c for the Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC):

19E624 Blower Motor speed Controller
19D888 Automatic Temperature Sensor and hose
19E663 A/C Sunload Sensor
19E702 Ambient air Temp Sensor and bracket
19980 Automatic Control Module

There may be other components or differences, for example the sunload sensor mounts in a hole on top of the dash and there is a 3/4 white hose that plugs into the lower right side of the evaporator plenum for the other sensor. Before anyone attempts this I strongly recommend they verify the connectors and wire harness are same.

It looks like a challenging mod, but probably within reach, I haven't heard any reports if its actually been done before.

Old 01-31-2000 | 02:29 AM
After reviewing the wiring diagram I see different connections to the blower and blend door actuator, although the parts themselves appear to be the same as with the standard. This makes it very unlikely the same wire harness could be used for both types. Better check an F-150 wiring diagram for the Automatic option.
------------------
'99 EB Expy 4x4, 5.4L, Ox White, Air Suspended
Stock except for: Auxiliary Battery, Re-located CD Player

Quick Reply: Electronic Heat/AC control