Defeating interior light switch in door

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2000 | 10:22 PM
|
Post Defeating interior light switch in door

My understanding is that the door lock has the switch that turns on interior and bed lights in my 2000 Lariat Supercab. How can I defeat the switch so that my interior lights and cargo lights won't go on when I open the door? I don't want every deer in the world to see me get out of the truck in the morning during hunting season. Thanks

Old 07-01-2000 | 10:57 PM
If all eles fails, simply remove the fuse or the light!!

Old 07-06-2000 | 07:34 PM
If you pull the fuse, the power windows won't work!

My problem is sometimes the lights stay on even with the doors closed, and the "Door Ajar" is lit on the dash. I've had the door switches replaced, which did no good. I then had the GEM module replaced, which fixed it for about a week.

Now I just want to put a switch inline to turn the lights off unless I need them.

Any ideas where to find the wire? I couldn't find anything about it on the schematics.

Old 07-07-2000 | 11:50 AM
Probably the easiest thing to do would be to pull the door panel off and look at the door harness. The wire/s going back to the latch area should be easy to follow since the other wires in the door are more towards the front (speaker) and the middle (arm rest courtesy light).

Quick Reply: Defeating interior light switch in door