Horn problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2000, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Horn problem

Any others out there having problems with the horn? I actually have to use my thumb in a certain spot to sound the horn. This is a new problem. Use to be able to hit the steering wheel anywhere for the horn. Did something fall out of place in there? Is this something I can fix? I'm petrified of the Airbag. Thanks, Dennis.

------------------
'98 White Lariat

fourhour@yahoo.com

Old 12-09-2000, 03:50 PM
You know, that's been bugging me too! I'll be driving along and need to toot the horn to warn somebody and I hit the horn icon with the heel of my hand and NOTHING.

I don't think there's anything we can do about it. I'm slowly training myself to use my thumb. In an emergency, however, I'm guessing I'll revert to using the palm of my hand again and my horn will be silent when I most need it.

Had a 1971 Ford with Rim Blow steering wheel. I loved it. Had a rubber rim on the inside of the wheel that you could press anywhere and the horn would toot. You could even squeeze the wheel and the horn would blow. Sold it in 1980 and never had a problem with it. Wonder why Ford doesn't bring it back?

Wonder if this is a problem that plagues only guys with our first name?

Old 12-11-2000, 05:15 AM
Angry

Now it's back to the little horn icon and the back of the fist will activate it! Is something sliding around behind that air bag cover? Dennis

------------------
'98 White Lariat

fourhour@yahoo.com

Old 12-11-2000, 01:51 PM
I don't think so. This is just the way it is, unfortunately. There's probably a thin-film contact switch under the horn icons.

Old 12-11-2000, 05:43 PM
Talking

Driving by my buddies house this afternoon I put my thumb on the horn icon and tooted away! Go figure?

------------------
'98 White Lariat

fourhour@yahoo.com

Quick Reply: Horn problem