Chimes

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2000, 09:33 AM
Jag
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Chimes

Before I take it to the dealer, maybe someone out there has experienced a similar problem (or annoyance).

When I open the drivers door without the keys in the ignition, the chimes sound. Also, I can sometimes run the power windows up and down without the keys in the ignition.

Ignition switch????

'98 F-150, XLT, EC, 4x4, silver, ORP, 4.6.

Old 11-24-2000, 09:47 AM
Your supposed to be able to still use the windows after you remove the keys and BEFORE you open a door for ten minutes I think. As far as the chime haven't seen it.

------------------
1999 White Oxford 4.6L V8 ..Clearcoat..Bugshield..Vent visors..Bedrug..Westin nerf bars..Clear corners..White face gauges..Sony CDX-M600 head unit

Old 12-01-2000, 09:25 AM
Unhappy

My 2000 F-150 does the same thing. If you open the driver door the chime rings. Even if no lights are on or the key is not in the ignition. It's very annoying. I just bought the truck yesterday and the dealer said that is what it is supposed to do. I am going to go to another dealer and ask them. Please post if you find out a fix for this.

Old 12-26-2000, 10:58 PM
Talking

Two days after my last posting, the dealer where I bought my truck called and said to bring the truck back in and they would fix the door chime. They replaced an ignition switch part-no more chime.

Quick Reply: Chimes