Power window

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2001 | 10:49 AM
|
coolfords here

I checked the switches and I get power through them, looks like I am going to have to change the motor.
Are there any tricks?

Old 08-07-2001 | 11:04 PM
Question

Hi Coolford

I think i replied to your post, but didnt see it. Mighta got lost with the site being down??

Anyway, if you know for sure switch is ok, & couldnt get lift motor to work.

When you take door panel off check wiring to lift motor, be sure your getting power from switch to motor.....from there i would say you probably will need a new motor. (it maybe a rebuilt or one tested to OEM & is ok ?) OEM usaually last a really long time, usually gears go bad, but even bad gears, you can hear the motor turning (running) so......

Ive posted before about installing but the install instructions should come with the lift motor, just follow them, not all that complicated, just takes a bit of time.

Good luck. OT

Old 08-08-2001 | 09:24 AM
|
coolfords here

Thanks Old Timer
Yes sir, I did what you told me to do. I pulled off the door panel
and checked power passed switch to motor (did both switches).
So far, down here the only place that I can find that has a motor is the dealer .
The last part (power doorlock gizmo)I got from the dealer had no instructions. I may have to bug you again if I get stumped.

Thanks

Marc

Last edited by coolfords; 08-11-2001 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-11-2001 | 08:35 PM
|
coolfords here

Well guys I got it fixed.
ADVICE.. before you go buy a motor, pull the old one and check it and make sure there is no bind on the window.
You guys may know how to do this already, but I will run though it for others.
This for a '97 F-150 SC
..unscrew door handle.. unplug switch pod..pull the door panel off ( careful of the two plastic buttons that
hold it on...they break real easy) .. unplug light ...unplug motor..remove speaker...remove or pull up the vapor barrier...if you look about half way down the door under the speaker you should see a hole..look though that hole and you will see bolt with a 5/16" head..to the right of that hole you will see two dimples in the sheet metal of the door..drill those dimples out( big enough to get a 5/16" socket through and not to deep, the other two bolts you need to get at are back there) put some grease in the socket it will help hold the bolts when you unscrew them. Take the motor out through the speaker hole and check (plug it back in ..see if it works and put a bind on it.) now check your window ..slide it up and down and check for a bind (hung or stuck ) lube ( wd-40 or silicone spray)up the tracks and any place the window slides ..if motor is bad replace it and button up everything in reverse order.
Takes about 30 min
This worked for me ...and my motor was good ..my window got in a bind so I lubed it up works great
If I missed somthing maybe someone will correct me

Hope this helps
...easy to do .. and I not that smart

Old 08-13-2001 | 10:03 PM
Thumbs up

Hi Coolford

Thanks for the update. Glad you got it fixed. Motor was ok.

Kinda surprised me, so, ill have to remember that one. There was such a bind, that the motor just couldnt turn.

Now you know more than when you started, thats great. Me too!

Good luck. OT

Old 08-16-2001 | 03:30 PM
|
coolfords here

Hey OT

I was surprised also..I could not believe the motor was bad but when I checked the switches and got power..well what next...motor... oh well. It has been working ever since. I have not taken the new motor back yet. Just to be safe I will hang on to it for awhile.

Now.. if I could just figure out why my tach jumps around.

Thanks again

Marc

Quick Reply: Power window