Door locks not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018 | 11:06 PM
|
Door locks not working

So today in my 02 F150 xlt the door lock and unlock stopped working on both my key fob and door pannel switch, neither door will unlock or lock. I hear no noise when button is pressed for either or (locked or unlocked) And the cargo light doesn’t come on when unlock is pressed on fob, neither does horn when locked is pressed.
I do not have a number pad on my truck just the switch on both door pannels and the key fob. Can some one help me out with what’s going on. Just started out of nowhere Worked an hour before then just stopped after I was driving somewhere

Old 03-26-2018 | 05:45 PM
Technical Article Contributor
I would check the GEM module.

Old 03-26-2018 | 06:00 PM
|
AS of today there is now clicking from under dash driver side when attempting to lock or unlock. Where would the gem be located

Old 03-26-2018 | 09:03 PM
glc
On the backside of the underdash fusebox. Check for windshield leaks, the water drips right on it.

Old 03-27-2018 | 03:39 PM
|
Okay I hope to get to it today since it was dark last night. Will I most likely have to replace it or just switch relays or somn

Old 03-28-2018 | 12:48 PM
Hi , I'm new to the group and had this exact issue. Both door locks failed at once, door switches and fob. After endless searches i found several responses but only my own worked for me so here goes.

1 - If your f150did not come with a key fob/ anti theft unit, the door relays are located under the top oval cover on the passenger side, under the metal bracket. Make sure there is constant power at the black/white wire.
2 - if you have a key fob you are not looking for relays you are looking for an RAP module, white box in color under the dash with 2 plugs. My 2002 f150 XLT had it to the left of the brake pedal, high up on the firewall behind the fuse box / gem module. For me the fix was to jump constant power to the black/white wire.
Manual buttons work, had to reprogram fob then all was good. anti theft beep, lights flash, doors lock/unlock just cause one wire break somewhere. remember, black/white wire should be constant 12v.

Quick Reply: Door locks not working