1997 Ford Expedition Blinker Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2020, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 Ford Expedition Blinker Problem

I just recently bought a 1997 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer eddition. I have been having a problem with the blinkers not working.

I first changed the blinker relay because it was rapidly turning on and off. The problem still occurred so I started looking for blow fuses. Nothing. I then replaced the multi function switch. Still the same problem. I then realized that when the blower motor is on it illuminates both turn indicators and the high beam indicator light. These will stay on solid and will shine with varying brightness according to how high the blower motor is set. The turn lights on outside of the vehicle do not illuminate when this happens. When the blower system is completely off the lights return to normal operation. I have checked the inside fuse/relay panel for corrosion and the PCM for corrosion. There was none to be found. I don't know where or what I should check next. I have looked at the electrical schematics in my repair manual and am starting to suspect it might have something to do with a faulty main light switch (the one that turns the running lights on and off and has a dimmer switch for instrument panel illumination). Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 03-02-2020, 06:19 AM
Received 109 Likes on 102 Posts
Faulty ground. Pull kick panels (start with the passenger side) and inspect the grounding studs and connections looking for loose or corroded connections or body rot.

Old 03-02-2020, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
Faulty ground. Pull kick panels (start with the passenger side) and inspect the grounding studs and connections looking for loose or corroded connections or body rot.
I looked on the passenger side kick panels and there was a ground that was corroded off. I stripped the wire and added a new end and then bolted the wire back on to the body. This fixed all the problems I was having. I really appreciate the help and thank you.

Quick Reply: 1997 Ford Expedition Blinker Problem