No dome light

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No dome light

New guy here, 2007 F-150. When opening doors I had map lights but no dome. After messing with it a while I figured out it was in the 3 way switch so I bought a new light on e bay and it was the same problem , the switch is " loose " ie not making contact. Here is what I did. Removed the spring in photo ( ink pen pointing ) then removed the brass plate and bent the corners down a little with needle nose pliers, re assembled with switch in center position. Now it works just fine . Hope this helps somebody

Old 03-24-2020, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Reddude61
New guy here, 2007 F-150. When opening doors I had map lights but no dome. After messing with it a while I figured out it was in the 3 way switch so I bought a new light on e bay and it was the same problem , the switch is " loose " ie not making contact. Here is what I did. Removed the spring in photo ( ink pen pointing ) then removed the brass plate and bent the corners down a little with needle nose pliers, re assembled with switch in center position. Now it works just fine . Hope this helps somebody
Thanks. I also oiled the contacts

Quick Reply: No dome light