door switch ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2020 | 07:01 PM
|
door switch ?

05 f150. driver door; no dome light or door ajar or radio cut off. passenger door, all good

Old 03-04-2020 | 04:28 AM
Old 03-05-2020 | 04:13 PM
|
Ok, replaced the driver’s side door switch. No change. What else could be the issue? This truck has never been off roading, btw

Old 03-05-2020 | 04:27 PM
|
Also, found the factory three wire splice, no problem there.

Old 03-05-2020 | 08:44 PM
Looking at some wiring diagrams, his explanation of open=open and closed=closed is incorrect for the F150. With the door closed, the contact in the switch is opened and the ground is prevented from going to the Vehicle Security Module (VSM) or General Electronic Module (GEM) depending on year. With the door open, the contact in the switch is closed allowing the ground to travel to VSM or GEM.

If you jumper the two wires on the Door Ajar Switch (DAS) harness plug, the dome lights should come on and the radio should turn off when the key is removed. If it does, then the switch is bad and needs to be changed. If not, then you're going to have make sure the DAS harness plug has ground @ the BK wire. No ground means the ground connection may be loose or the wire broken. If there's ground, then you need to check continuity between the BK/YE wire at the DAS harness plug and VSM to test for a break in the wire.

Since wire breaks are common in the door harness, especially where it comes through the kick panel, I'd probably start checking for continuity between the terminals on the DAS harness plug and their corresponding wires on the other side of the kick panel.

Old 03-07-2020 | 11:19 PM
|
Found the problem, broken wire right at the harness. Thanks for the help

Old 03-08-2020 | 03:18 AM
You're welcome. Glad to hear you found the problem.

Old 03-14-2020 | 08:10 PM
|
Car alarm

Not sure if this is related to what I did, but now the alarm randomly goes off. It’s a dealer installed alarm

Old 03-15-2020 | 08:05 AM
I'm not sure if it's related or not. Is it a Ford alarm or an aftermarket alarm? Maybe if you can get a brand and model number, you can find a manual with some troubleshooting guides.

Old 03-16-2020 | 05:42 PM
|
So this morning, when opening the driver door the dome light did not come on. When I began driving the door ajar and dome light came on. I opened and shut the door and they went off. I parked and before I got into the store the alarm went off. As the day went on this all subsided. I think I must have a partially broken wire somewhere else? Is it possible that it's the door lock actuator?

Old 03-16-2020 | 07:41 PM
Where exactly was the previous break at? Did you double check the wire you fixed?

You could try unplugging the Door Ajar Switch and drive around like that for a few days and see if the problem persists. If it does, then you probably have a wire that's intermittently shorting to ground. You'll have to pull it apart and start testing wires.

Old 04-02-2020 | 04:53 PM
|
I double and triple checked it and a traced the two wires all the way through the door into the kick panel and found nothing wrong. I had read some where that a sticky hood latch could cause the alarm issue and mine was. I cleaned and lubed it up and so far, no false alarms.

Old 04-03-2020 | 04:46 AM
Good to know. I hadn't heard about the sticking hood switch problem. Thanks for the update. Hopefully this will be the last problem you have with it for a while.

Quick Reply: door switch ?