Keylss entry receiver (HELP!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001 | 09:35 PM
|
Keylss entry receiver (HELP!!!)

I have a '98 with keyless entry. It has been raining lately and my keyless entry no longer works. I replaced the batteries in each transmitter and reprogrammed them with no luck. When programming, I did all the proper procedures and the lucks locked after eight turns of the ignition. Does anybody know where the receiver is in the truck? I have also checked the fuse and it is fine.

Old 12-07-2001 | 11:34 AM
It's under the dash on the driver's side... It's on the firewall about a foot above the left corner of the brake pedal. It should have a sticker on it...

I've heard of people having trouble with water leaking in that area, but I would think you would notice that...

I have no clue... It only does it when wet?

-Joe-

Old 12-07-2001 | 05:57 PM
You indicated the locks cycled when you cycled the ignition eight times. After that you need to leave the ignition in RUN and press a button on each fob. As each fob is programmed the locks will cycle again, then cycle when you turn the key off and exit programming mode.

Did the locks cycle when you pressed the button on the fob to program?

Old 12-07-2001 | 10:24 PM
|
The locks did not cycle on my truck again after I hit a button on the remote which makes me believe the receiver is not working. I went to my dads expedition ('99) and was able to program my remotes on the expedition the same way on the truck just to check and make sure the remotes were working properly. What do I do now? I hate using the damn key!

Old 12-10-2001 | 09:21 AM
Definitely sounds like the RAP isn't picking up the signals. It is relatively easy to change, don't know about the cost though.

Quick Reply: Keylss entry receiver (HELP!!!)