Electric window failed swiches

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 09:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Electric window failed swiches

I have had 8 window switches installed over the last 7 months (5 in the last 3 weeks). All of the switches are on the driver’s side panel for the front passenger window. The switch only burns out for the down direction, but never burns out during use. Ford dealer has replaced window motor, wiring harness (from window from window) and a sending unit ?.

Has anyone had this problem.

Last edited by frankster; 03-13-2002 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-14-2002, 05:40 PM
Could be passenger side window switch

I've never heard of this but I'd ask the dealer to replace the PASSENGER window switch. I haven't looked at the wiring diagrams for some time but I believe both the driver's and passenger's switches control the same relay for window operation. A defective passenger switch could be causing excessive current to flow through the driver's switch. It sounds as if they've checked out everything else. I'll try to locate my shop manual and look at the wiring diagram when I get home. Just moved and everything is in boxes so don't hold your breath. Good luck.

Old 03-19-2002, 12:57 PM
Hey Frankster welcome to the board, I know how you heard about it!!

Old 03-27-2002, 01:27 PM
Talking

Windows are fixed...theford manual has a wiring error. The down wire is listed as 314 and it is really the up wire. Once they got that right and replaced the correct wire, all problems are gone.. Thanks go to the Bay City Ford Dealer for staying with it for 3 weeks.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Electric window failed swiches