Power door locks

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002 | 05:12 PM
Damn, should have just been one hour.

Old 07-12-2002 | 10:26 PM
I too have had the power locks go bad - main reason I replaced the passenger side was that the truck "thought" it was locked - when the kids opened the door the alarm went off!

absolute pain in the butt -actually in the wrist - to replace, but still only an hour tops. Lots of twisting and contortions needed, and some fights with crappy plastic snap on stuff.

I got this XLT used - but this is an example of why I think that a base, power zippo, model is the way to go if you want long life and happiness!

Old 07-13-2002 | 06:49 AM
Originally posted by DCLoppy
I think that a base, power zippo, model is the way to go if you want long life and happiness!
Happiness for me is "all the buttons"!

If u didnt want power locks, why did you fix it? (just pickin)

Old 07-21-2002 | 11:12 PM
My truck just started doing it today 70 bucks for a part to fix it I think I'll just live with it the way it is then.

Old 07-22-2002 | 08:27 AM
Just took it back to the shop this morning. Last Wednesday (less than a week after the new actuator) the passenger side power door lock would lock when I tried to open the door from the outside. Noticed it at work in the parking lot. By the time I got home, I couldn't open it at all, either with the key or remote. I could turn the key in the lock either way and felt like the actuator was disconnected.

Other than this, the truck's been absolutely great.

Quick Reply: Power door locks