Installing a turn signal mirrors elect.cntrl. module

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 06:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing a turn signal mirrors elect.cntrl. module

I'm looking for the wires under the drivers side dash panel coming from the turn signal relay going to the left and right outside mirrors. I don't even know where the turn signal relay is located at this point.
I'm also looking for the auto Xmission reverse signal wire and the door ajar/open signal wires. A 2002 F150 supercrew wire color code chart would certianly be nice right now. I'm not too comfortable probing the several hundred wires under the dashboard not even knowing which ones belong to the air bag.

Can't seem to find any manuals with diagrams at any parts stores or on the net. Where can I get the wiring diagrams for a 2002 F150 Supercrew?

Old 11-11-2002, 02:32 PM
Hi E Welcome!

Yes, lots of wires. I dont know fix..maybe someone here does.

Meantime try www.helminc.com Maybe they have one?

Good luck...OT

Old 11-13-2002, 01:25 AM
They are easier to get at in the door at the harness for the mirror. Than anywhere else. Don't have the colors in front of me though, sorry.

Old 11-13-2002, 07:46 AM
i'm not sure of content accuracy, but you might want to try

checkhttp://www.the12volt.com/installbay

there is a 2002 supercrew wiring colour code chart

let me know how you make out

Old 11-17-2002, 11:53 PM
The web site "the12volt.com" only has wire color codes for alarm systems, audio systems, or remote starter systems. It was not a whole lot of help for installing an electronic module for turn signal mirrors. Because it doesn't give you the color codes for the wires coming from the turn signals, door ajar, or reverse gear.
I now have a new problem. I tied into the yellow 12v constant wire on the steering column and the black/green 12v accessory wire on the steering column and the Red/green brake wire on the brake switch. Now the power windows are not working.
I looked to see if I had accidently disconnected something but found nothing. The new wires I added are not hooked up to anything yet so this makes no sense to me as to how the power windows could have been affected.

Old 11-18-2002, 09:04 PM
Now condition;
I know why I don't have any pwr windows. While tying into the yellow 12 volt constant wire I accidently shorted it and blew the fusible link. :o
Now if I only knew where that fusible link was located.

Old 11-19-2002, 08:55 AM
Are you sure you went through Fuse #601 a 30 amp in the battery junction box and caught a fuse link upstream?

Quick Reply: Installing a turn signal mirrors elect.cntrl. module