I was installing alarm when???

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2002 | 04:39 PM
|
Unhappy I was installing alarm when???

Hello,
I was hooking up an alarm(viper 550+] to the truck. I connected the constant power,ignition power and the door switch wire.I pulled the headlight switch and hooked up the parking light wire from the alarm to the brown wire off the switch. The alarm harness was not connected to the alarm yet. so i decided to check the lights on the truck and this is when the problem starts.I turn on the lights, on the dash the turn signals are on(not blinking) along with the hi beam indicator, if i turn the headlight switch off and turn the dimmer switch so the inside light is on then turn the headlights back on everything seems ok for a few minutes but then i hear a relay kick in and the indicators are back on. Also with all lights off and i turn the climate control to anything the lights are back on the dash. I have removed all wiring that i have done,checked all connectors that i can see, all looks ok. In other words i need help, wifes truck and she don't know it yet.

Old 11-18-2002 | 09:46 AM
I would go ahead and finish installing the alarm, since the alarm ecu will be controlling all those lights they might not work right without the alarm ecu hooked up. It's worth a try, otherwise you have a ground hooked up where it's not supposed to be.

-Jon

Old 11-18-2002 | 04:27 PM
|
Talking Out of the doghouse!!!!

I'm free again,Ford4ever you were right on the ground thing except it was a lack of a ground. I used a grounding screw from the passenger side kick panel were there was two other wires grounded, must be when i tightened the screw down one of the wires broke causing a feed back thru the system.I should have checked my connections a little better. Thanks

Quick Reply: I was installing alarm when???