question about Magnaflow...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002 | 10:04 PM
|
question about Magnaflow...

A few days ago I made up my mind to get a Gibson Sweptside Single catback. But I've been reading up on Magnaflow mufflers. And I hear nothin' but good things being said about Magnaflow. I wanted to get the Gibson for it's quietness and horsepower gains, but I hear that Magnaflow is not all that loud either. I've never heard one, but I hear it has a nice, smooth, mild, growl to it. And that a Magnaflow has the highest HP/TRQ gains. So.....I want one! If by any chance that anyone has the part # for a 2.5" single in/out stainless Magnaflow muffler, would you please post it in this thread? Thank you for your time. Peacemaker.

Old 12-31-2002 | 10:37 PM
|
Or better yet, what size Magnaflow muffler would I need for a v6 for use with a si/so exhaust?

Old 01-01-2003 | 09:21 PM
APT
2.5" SISO would be a good choice. Magnaflow has many sizes to choose from. Basically, the larger the quieter relatively speaking. You can find the part numbers by looking here on MAgnaflow's site and also Big Exhaust for the best prices I have seen.

Old 01-01-2003 | 11:03 PM
|
Thanks for the links APT. I've never ordered online before. Is big exhaust a good place to deal with?

Old 01-02-2003 | 07:36 AM
APT
I have not ordered from Big Exhaust. A bunch on people on here have and when I get around to changing my exhaust probably will too.

Don't be afraid of internet ordering. Just make sure there is a little lock in the lower right corner your Browser window when entering your CC information.

Old 01-02-2003 | 09:24 AM
WLF
I ordered my entire system from BigExhaust.com. The only problem I had was the distributor that they had send me the exhaust was out of one of the rear pipes (I went with the SI/DO). When I called to see when I would receive shipment, they had no idea it was not shipped.

So, what I am saying is I really had no problem, but you have to stay on top of things to be sure you don’t “fall between the cracks”.

If one of the components does not get shipped, you have to call Bigexhaust to let them know. I then received the other exhaust pipe promptly

Quick Reply: question about Magnaflow...