V-10 Exhaust Any one have the gibson?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002 | 10:37 PM
|
V-10 Exhaust Any one have the gibson?

Hey guys I just upgrades my f150 for a f-350 about a month ago. On my f-150 I went with a flowmaster exhaust,k&n,Superchip,RCD 5",4.56 gears, I loved that truck but just plain out grew it. At least I got to sell it to a friend so I can still see it..lol.
Anyway There seems to be alot of diffrent ideas about the V-10 so I was hoping to get the views of actual v-10 owners or friends there of. I am doing alot of towing on the weekend and like the looks of the gibson single sideout. But the truck already has 3" pipe so why change it? So I went to a few muffler shops and this is what I was told,

shop1- (local shop)flowmaster 70 bigblock with 3.5 single out.( they were going to cut the pipe back on the cat to where it is 3.5". $375

shop 2- (midas) install a rayvin 77 (never heard of this one before)with stock pipe $175

shop3- install bullet muffler stock pipe $150

shop4- Gibson single side out cat back $299

I know the v-10 will never sound like my 5.4 and it should not. I am just looking for better millage and more flow and a little help with the towing would be great as well. Anyway what have you guys done and anyone have a gibson on a v-10.

Thanks in advance

Old 01-04-2003 | 08:19 PM
Your right about it sounding nothing like a V8. There is no deep rumble more like a roar. Also, no need to swap out the whole system. It's 3" all the way. I don't know where they got the 3 1/2 inch from. From what I've gathered, the Gibson is mild sounding, almost stock. I went with Borla and it too is rather mild. I've read where many V10 owners have used the Flowmaster 40 (the 3" in/out is discontinued so finding one may be hard) and like the sound. Changing the muffler and maybe adding a cool looking tip sounds like a good idea.

Quick Reply: V-10 Exhaust Any one have the gibson?