Gibson Exhaust Systems

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003 | 02:25 AM
|
Gibson Exhaust Systems

I am thinking of purchasing a Gibson Supertruck Catback for my 2002 4.6L Supercrew (yes, 4.6), but i need some helpful information from you Gibson owners:

1. How does the Supertruck volume (outside the truck) compared to the other Gibson Catback Systems? May it be overly annoying to the neighbors?

2. How is the volume and sound INSIDE the cab? Will I get a headache? ...and how about my passengers?

3. Is the volume inside cab tollerable for long distance driving?

4. Is it worth the money?

5. Will I lose my low end torque?

What I'm looking for: A nice looking si/do catback system, that has a semi-loud, deep, and throaty, but not enough to give me head aches on long road trips, sound. I also wish to be able to engage in a non-shouting conversation with my lovely in-laws : in the backseat during steady speeds.

Is the Gibson Supertruck Catback System the one for me???

I would appreciate your responses....

Old 01-03-2003 | 10:05 AM
I dont have the Supertruck, but I have the regular single out the side Gibson and love it!

Gibson is known for their mellow throaty sounds without being annoying. I would bet you will love it too.

Old 01-03-2003 | 10:15 AM
Technical Article Contributor

1.It is loud, but not overly loud like a straight pipe, or a flowmaster I think it is the 40 series.
I have a clip of mine if you want to hear it, just drop me an email in my profile.

2. Little louder then stock inside, but not shouting by any means. I towed a tandem axle Well Cargo the 1st weekend I had it on, and it was not bad at all.

3. The trip noted above was from Chicago to just south of Green Bay WI, about 4 hours one way.

4. It is worth the money, but I am now considering a Basanni cat back forward dump. The same dump point as the ST, but round tips instead. It is a little more meaty of a sound then the ST, maybe starting to get to where you would not like it.

5. None here, but then again I don't have a dyno for just the cat back, all my mods as this past summer were dyno'd together, so I am up overall when compared to the stock numbers.

The ST is a good product, I am just looking for a little more, thus why I am looking at the Basanni cat back, but at 871.00 list price, it is something that I just keep thinking about, a whole bunch more money then the Gibson.

Just drop me an email if you want to hear the clip from outside the truck, and I can try to get one inside the truck as well, if you need it.

Quick Reply: Gibson Exhaust Systems