expedition pipes.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003 | 06:15 PM
|
expedition pipes.

I need recomendations for an 5.4 expo. I really like that dual tips coming in back of the vehicle and dont like it right behind the passenger wheel because it gets really nast in RI. Does anyone know what options are out there for anything like this. I dont want it to loud at all because I have to convince my dad to like it (not easy) does anyone have any opinions on what I could do. I do have the tow package so there is the braket that cannot be moved.
-Bill

Old 01-06-2003 | 01:34 PM
One thing you could do is just change the muffler and keep the stock pipes, keep the stock look and still give it a nice rumble. You could try and installing a cat-back on it but if that bracket needs to be removed then that's not an option. I'm no artist but you could try the setups below:

O ---- stock catalytic converter
I
I ---- Stock pipe
0 --- Magnaflow muffler/flowmaster, or your choice of muffler
I
I
I
\ ----- stock tailpipe location

OR.........

O ----- stock catalytic converter
I
I
0 ------ muffler of choice
II
II
VV ----- chrome or stainless tips

Between the 2 options is your choice. Or whatever else you decide to go with. Magnaflow makes a really nice muffler and Flowmaster as well. I have personally heard Magnaflow's muffler on my uncle's 150 with the 4.6, sounds really deep, but not loud really loud and thrashy as you would associate with glasspacks. Check out there's site's

www.Flowmastermufflers.com

www.magnaflow.com Good luck with your setup

Quick Reply: expedition pipes.