Not too loud not too quiet

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Not too loud not too quiet

I have a 02 Screw with 5.4 liter. I would like an exhaust system that sounds good but isn't very loud when im pulling my boat up a hill. Is there such a muffler system? Thanks for your input.

Old 01-06-2003, 10:18 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Magnaflow #15609 system for about $400 all stainless
Gibson has a couple models too.

Old 01-06-2003, 11:14 AM
That looks good. I would like to have true dual exhaust too.

Old 01-06-2003, 12:31 PM
Full Boar Mufflers--
www.fullboarexhaust.com

i have the "aggressive tone" muffler. FOrds need it cause they have 4 cats to mute more sound. This muffler sounds throaty!

Old 01-06-2003, 12:32 PM
APT
There is only one true dual system AFAIK, Bassini. But you can cutom make your own system with just about any brand you choose. Beastie had a true dual Magnaflow system formulated wit the help of Mike T. @ Performance Products. He loves it, but it wasn't cheap.

Old 01-06-2003, 06:07 PM
Yep I have a true dual setup. Take a look at my gallery. In the newer trucks you can do a true dual setup for alot less money. All 4 of your cats are before the factory T/Y-Pipe connection, so you can just cut out the factory connection and run those 2.5" pipes to an x-pipe and into 2 mufflers like I did, or just get the Magnaflow DI/DO. On the older truck the first cat is the y-pipe and the second cat reduces the pipe size from 3"
to 2.25, so I had to get new cats to do my setup. You could if you wanted to, but you would probably only pick up about 5hp by switching to hiflow cats.

Old 01-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Gibson is probably a good choice. Mine is throaty but not at all loud. I almost wish it was a little louder and it may be in a dual set-up. Noticable power increase, as well.

Old 01-06-2003, 11:36 PM
I second the vote for Gibson. I have the supertruck and am very happy with it.

I'm sure all the other suggestions are just as good if not better.

Good luck

Habibi

Old 01-11-2003, 06:25 PM
I went to my local muffler guy and he put a custom true dual system on my truck; meaning two of everything from where the stock Y was, back. I've got FlowMaster 40's on there and they seriously growl when I want them to, but they're not obnoxious like straight pipes when I'm not kicking it. To me, this is what a truck should sound like in the first place. I can't complain about my setup other than the fact that I should have had an X pipe on there, but all things considered, I can honestly say that I haven't lost anything off the low end anyway. I love the sound of my truck now. So I'm for Flowmaster

Last edited by defacto; 01-11-2003 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-11-2003, 06:55 PM
There are a few models of flowmaster out there. If you go to their site there are some links where you can get audio samples of their various models. Personally I have a Flowmaster series 50. I bit hotter and poppier under WOT (Louder) than the various 40 series ones. To each their own.
Personally I do feel that one of the biggest shortcomings of the various exhausts out there, flowmaster included, is the fact that so few are stainless in construction. If you want to buck up for one of them (Banks is one), they will last much longer.
I am very happy with the Flowmaster exhaust I currently have, but frankly In my humble opinion, an engine will not really reap much in HP/Torque from a muffler,tailpipe mod if the Catalytic converter is still there, and usually they usually are in place when the mod is finished cool though. It can't hurt, they sound cool at the least. and they are relatively cheap.

Old 01-22-2003, 02:42 AM
I have a 98 4.2L with a s/i d/o Flo-Pro muffler and it sounds great and it's not too loud.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...TOKEN=37026799

Quick Reply: Not too loud not too quiet