New owner...need help/suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner...need help/suggestions.

Hello

I'm a recent new owner of a 2000 F150 4x4, regular cab, flareside with the 5.4L. I want to install a new exhaust system and wondering what other owners like the best. I'm looking for a nice, throaty exhaust so everyone knows I have a V8. Also, what do you guys think of the K&N Generation II air intake system? Thanks in advance for you suggestions.

jim

Old 01-07-2003, 08:32 PM
Congratulations, sounds like a great truck. I have the Gibson (single outlet, stock location) and really like it. If you want loud, this is not it. Just throaty. The Gibson Sport Truck is much louder from what I understand as is the Gibson dual outlet system. Beware of some of the systems that really rob torque. Most major brands make "dual" systems that are tuned properly and have a louder sound than mine if that's what you're after. Can't help you on the Gen. II. I have a K&N drop-in.

Old 01-08-2003, 09:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
nice, throaty exhaust systems:
Gibson ST.
Bassani Cat back forward dump.
Magnaflow True duals setup with X pipe.
Bassani : Retro fit the L system with the X pipe.

I think I have them in the correct order from least expensive to most expensive.
The Gibson ST is a quick Cat back system, as well as the standard bassani system.

I am about 2 days from getting a Bassani L system ( true duals with X pipe ) and replacing my gibson ST, to increase the sound.
You can never have enough sound.
If you want a clip of the Gbison ST system, drop me an email in my profile, and I can email it to you.
Also I have the silver bullet system on an L, and this is close to the Bassani from what my untrained ear tells me.

K&N FIPK : good investment for the money. Go for it, quick install time, at a reasonable cost.

Old 01-25-2003, 09:25 PM
Personally, I like my Delta 50 series Flowmaster. It's not to loud, except when you want it to be. I have the traditional cat back system with factory gauge pipes. I like to be able to hear the music when I want and hear the exhaust when I need to. As for the K&N FIPK II, I have one of those, too. It isn't a pretty at the Air Raid's metal pipe, but it works wonderfully well. They have a no-hassle full lifetime warrenty, so if anything goes wrong, they will replace the whole unit. Installation is a fun project, nothing to it. The combination between the exhaust and the FIPK will produce better acceleration and throttle sensitivity. The FIPK will make the exhaust louder...not to mention a cool sound when you turn off the engine.

I've heard good things about Gibson, Borla.
It's all a matter of taste! Good luck with your decision and Congrats.