Just Got My Gibson Super Truck Installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 01:09 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by hapynzap
...It's going to be interesting to me to see how well these fans work this summer both in performance of the AC and how it affects my gas milage.
They will work great. Mine are did one heck of a job this summer ( up to 104* ) and only ran at 60% speed.
Also if you care, there is a terminal marked for the system off on the VSC controller. There is a P/N for the switch the FAL sells, and you can wire it up to the terminal, and no fans ( water crossings ).

My MPG seemed to go about 1.7 to 2 mpg, but I did not get enough tanks through it to check if this was a fluke or sustained mpg increases ( before winter hit, with the crappy winter fuel blend ). You will also notice that the truck revs a whole lot quicker without that fan out there.

Old 01-25-2003, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I'm still waiting to put the flex-a-lite fans on. Yesterday I got a new 2 row - 2 inch radiator (old one was 1 inch wide) to put in while I'm at it too. Now I just got to find the time to do the whole job, heh.

As for the Gibson Super Truck exhaust, now that a few weeks have gone by they seem to be getting broken in. They aren't quite as loud as when brand new or it's just that I'm getting used to them being on there now. I'm liking the Gibson more and more and I'm glad it's not too loud. Just a nice low deep rumble.

Since the first of the year I have put on the Gibson ST and a WMS velocity tube with K&N air filter. It's hard to tell exactly how much better my milage is so far but I was getting about 14 to 14.5 and now I'm getting about 15.5 mpg.

Every little bit helps and I'm hoping the fans help a little bit more. I'd be happy with 16!

Quick Reply: Just Got My Gibson Super Truck Installed