How loud is the Gibson Dual Sport exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-1999 | 07:19 PM
|
Question How loud is the Gibson Dual Sport exhaust?

I'm expecting my new Gibson Dual Sport exhaust any day now and I'm looking for some feedback on the exhaust note and possible interior noise. I've heard that Gibson is the best at limiting interior noise. Is this true or should I look into stereo upgrades?

------------------

Old 11-07-1999 | 12:35 AM
i have that system on my 99 regular cab...and let me say after having flowmasters,borla and everything else over the years...the gibson was loud! almost too loud, and yes i noticed a big increse in cabin noise...hope this helps.

Old 11-08-1999 | 06:18 PM
I have Gibson Supertruck and it's a little loud inside the cab...I would prefer it to be a little quieter. If I don't get used to it, I'll have the dual pipes routed out behind the wheels.

------------------
'99 F150 SC, 4x2, Oxford white, flareside, 5.4, 3.55 rearend,
bodyside mouldings, Snugtop hard tonneau, K&N dropin and airbox mod.
Duraliner drop-in (gave up on the Penda Nascar). Gibson Supertruck
No door cracks yet at 3K!!!

Future mods: 2/4 lowering, bra and some Roush stuff.

Old 11-08-1999 | 07:03 PM
Talking

I installed a sweptside on mine very quiet nothing noticable in cabin I would think the dual sport out the back would be similar in soud maybe a little louder.Let us know how it sounds after install.

------------------
------------------------- 99 SILVER XLT/REG.CAB/4.2/5SPD/3.55/K&N Airbox Mod/Gibson Sweptside/Westin Black nerfs and now SuperChiped

[This message has been edited by mike150 (edited 11-08-1999).]

Old 11-08-1999 | 07:29 PM
|
Thanks for the feedback. My dual sport arrived UPS today so I guess I'll find out about the noise difference soon. The dual sport exits behind the wheels so I hope that helps limit the noise inside. I was going to install it myself, but the muffler shop said they would do it for 40 bucks. I'll let you know how it works out.

Old 11-09-1999 | 08:48 PM
|
Thumbs up

Well, I got my Gibson dual sport installed today and I was pleasantly surprised. The exhaust note is perfect. Very nice bassful rumble and very little interior noise. There is a little more noise(resonance) when driving on the freeway around 70 mph, but it was more than tolerable. Normal driving produced no real difference in interior noise. After watching the guys at the muffler shop I was glad I didn't go at this project in the driveway. It only took them about 30 minutes, but they used a few tools I would never have at the house. It seemed that a few of the pipes were very tight fits so they enlarged the ends slighty for a better fit. I believe that a swept side(single pipe) or a supertruck would be fairly easy, but if you're thinking about installing the dual sport leave yourself some extra time. The two pipes over the rear axle are a veeeeeeery tight fit(only a half inch clearance from the spare and just touching the shock cover. The end result is a beautiful thing because those 3" dual tips look sweet(and menacing!) next to the 17" chrome wheels. Now if only that K&N FIPK would show up!

Old 02-19-2000 | 07:22 AM
Talking

How about posting a wav file of your dual sport?

------------------

Quick Reply: How loud is the Gibson Dual Sport exhaust?