cats

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2000, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question cats

is it possible to remove two of the catalytic coverters and can the other two do a proper job without them.

Old 06-06-2000, 10:21 PM
As I am sure you will told by more than one person here to remove or alter your cats is probably not a good thing to do. Aside from the fact that you will probably break numerous federal and maybe local laws, the effect on the computer cause more than one problem. i have heard of some guys that removed the cats with litlle or no problems but I think most would not recommend it. Good luck.

Old 06-07-2000, 03:57 PM
My advice if you want to remove your cat, is to make sure that you really know what you're doing, and that you really know what the effect and consequences will be.

As for any modifications, read read read as much as you can before doing anything to your truck. Listen to opinions, and read about the facts.

Good and bad things may result from altering or removing the cats so be careful.

------------------
Currently:
1999 Black F150, 4.6L 5spd manual, reg. cab, long bed, 3.55, 60/40 split bench cloth seats, black vinyl floor, K&N air filter with partial open box mod., Home Made Cold Air Intake, 10 disc sony cd changer, Wet Okole seat covers, Superchip, 285/60/16 tires, Seat belt cushions, modified the silencer (by removing it, duct-tapped the hole from the outside, and put it back in.)

Future:
4.10 gear, bug deflector, fender flares, hard tonneau cover, roll pan, ProCharger Supercharger, shaved tailgate handle, and custom paint & striping.

Old 06-09-2000, 02:36 AM
I will not recomend this operation, I did it on my 98 Explorer it ran better but the engine light was on all the time I disconected the battery and the light will stay on so I decided to reinstall the cats and the problem was solved.

Quick Reply: cats