gibson exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2000 | 02:56 PM
|
Question gibson exhaust

I am trying to make my 2000 F150 look like a SVT Lightning. The only exhaust I have found that has dual out in front of the rear tire is Gibson. I'm not much of a truck expert and am wondering how these systems sound and how they perform. Also, does anyone know of any other exhaust systems that resemble the Lightning look.

------------------
Sean

Old 07-13-2000 | 03:26 PM
Mine doesn't look like the L, but it does sound really good. It' a custom bend job with 2 1/2" pipe and 3" tips. It comes out right in front of the right rear. Hope this helps.

------------------
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

My 2000 F-150

If it looks good
you'll see it
If it sounds good
you'll hear it
If it's marketed right
you'll buy it
But..if it's real
you'll feel it

Old 07-13-2000 | 04:48 PM
Cool

When I was reasearching exhuast systems for my Y2K Sport I looked at the same system you are talking about, was told by the folks at Truck Performance that system is pretty loud and you get some resonance in the cab at highway speeds. I didn't want a lot of noise etc so I went with the Gibson Sweptside, it is not much noiser than stock, but after about 5,000 it has gotten a little throatier. I really liked the look of the system you are considering though. Good Luck

Old 07-13-2000 | 05:02 PM
Cool

One of the members of the Washington Chapter has the Gibson system you describe (Sport Truck is the name - I think). It sounds really nice - fairly loud, low tone. But as Red Y2K Sport points out, it's loud in the cab.

If you are more interested in the look of the 'before the wheel-duals' - do what Spargo2 did (very nice, by the way). That way you can select which ever muffler you want. A Flowmaster Delta Flow will help to keep the in-cab drone to a minimum.

Let us know what you end up with.

Tom in Tacoma

------------------
1998 F150 XLT S/C 4.6L Auto, 3.55LS, 4X2, Moonlight Blue, all the factory bells & whistles except for leather seats.
  • Lund Deflector
  • Lund Premier Tonneau Cover
  • K&N Filter
  • Body-color painted Throttle Cover
  • Blue wire-looms
  • Pentaliner S/R
  • Window tint
  • Ford side-steps
  • Infiniti component speakers - front
  • Polk Audio speakers - back
  • Superchip (OH YEAH!!)
  • Flowmaster 50 Series 'Delta-Flow' w/ 3" pipe
  • Clear turn signal lenses

Tom in Tacoma

(Washington not Toyota)
Go check out http://communities.msn.com/SS97FordsPics for the second best website for F150's

Old 07-19-2000 | 05:55 PM
Hi Sean, I have the Gibson Super truck which comes out forward off the wheel. It has a great sound, performance, and looks. If you really want a lightning look,find a company called Classic Design Concepts. They have a complete package, front fascia, side moldings, and a custom forward Dynomax exhaust. It's real sweet and a nice $1295.

Quick Reply: gibson exhaust