dual exhaust on 4.6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2000, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post dual exhaust on 4.6?

What kind of exhaust should i put on 98' Flareside , I dont want anything loud but i want dual exhaust.Help me please.

Old 07-21-2000, 11:34 AM
Read the post by SirJames on the Gibson, sounds like exactly what you're looking for! I have the Gibson Side Swept and am very happy with the sound, but then I was looking to keep the sound as close to stock while adding the benefit of a free flowing exaust system.

------------------
Paul...
99 F-150 XLT SC Sport, 4.6L, Auto, Captain Chairs, Class III Towing Package, 3.55 LS, Sliding Rear Window, White, 4X2, CD, Soft Factory Tonneau Cover, K&N Filter, WMS Velocity Tube, Line-X Spray on Bed Liner, Gibson Side Swept Cat Back System, Superchips Flip Chip, and the Original F150online Decal...

What more is there!

ptarnuzzer@netzero.net

Old 07-21-2000, 11:38 AM
Hey Paul how much h/p does your truck have ? I am 16 this is my first truck and i am excited.

Old 07-21-2000, 05:09 PM
I don't know for sure, but a rough questimate would be 250 - 260 HP based on the mods I've added. The superchip by far added the most, but was also the most expensive. To clarify this, I opted for the more expensive FlipChip so I can run regular fuel if I need to, and the Gibson I bought used from a fellow F-150 On-line Member! Had I bought the exhaust system new and purchased the regular chip, the cost would have been about the same. If that were the case, the chip would have definately been the best per dollar HP increase! Hope this helps!

------------------
Paul...
99 F-150 XLT SC Sport, 4.6L, Auto, Captain Chairs, Class III Towing Package, 3.55 LS, Sliding Rear Window, White, 4X2, CD, Soft Factory Tonneau Cover, K&N Filter, WMS Velocity Tube, Line-X Spray on Bed Liner, Gibson Side Swept Cat Back System, Superchips Flip Chip, and the Original F150online Decal...

What more is there!

ptarnuzzer@netzero.net

Old 07-22-2000, 02:48 AM
jkk,

Take a look at Dynomax systems at www.a-1performance.com Either the Superturbo system or Ultra-flo welded. Their prices are reasonable.

Old 07-22-2000, 06:03 PM
Smile

A good place to start might be to decide on exhaust material (stainless steel or aluminized steel), configuration/exit location, sound preference, performance range (towing or HP), and cost. The 4)pre & reg cats diminish the sound. Once you have this pinned down, there is about every type of system here to give you some general feedback.

------------------
2000 F-150 XL,RC,LB,5.4,4R70W,3.55LS,
Class III tow/Payload #3/Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS,Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner & gas/wheel/spare locks,
3" cold air box modification,Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back.

Quick Reply: dual exhaust on 4.6?