Best Location For FLO 40

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2000 | 05:32 PM
|
Question Best Location For FLO 40

I just ordered a Flowmaster Deltaflow 40. Some of you have mentioned to have the muffler shop place it under the bed to help reduce cab noise. What is the best location? I'm going to have the tail pipes split at the rear using stainless steel to look like the Force II setup as picture in "Selva1's" how to posts.

------------------
'97 F-150 XLT S/C, 4.6L, Blk/w chrm trim, SB, 2WD, Dk. graph int., Deflecta-Shield sidesteps, window deflectors, rear sun shade, side window covers, hood air deflector, slotted tail light covers, Snug Lid Tonneau cover, Smittybilt chrome brush/grille gaurd, and fact. wheels/tires.

Old 07-25-2000 | 02:46 PM
Install it in the same spot as the factory one. They have a heat/sound shield to help with the noise.

------------------
F250,XLT,LD,5.4L,4X2,BLACK, SUPERCAB,AUTO,3.73LS, CLASS IV TOW PACKAGE,CROME RIMS,4 WHEEL DISK ABS, TINTED WINDOWS, SHORTBED,K&N GEN-II FILTERCHARGER,GIBSON SS HEADERS,CRAFTSMAN TRUCK BOX,CHECKMATE DIAMOND PLATE BED COVER,TRANS COOLER, LUND BUG SHIELD, LINE-X BED LINER, POWERAID THROTTLE BODY SPACER,FLOWMASTER 40 DUEL EXAUST

Old 07-25-2000 | 06:48 PM
|
Cool

Jigger,

Are you sure? Others have said to put it under the bed as close to the axle as possible. They say this cuts down on the drone noise in the cab when using a FM 40. I looked under my truck but really don't know what would be the best place to hang the muffler. I don't want the muffler shop drilling unnecessary holes. I'd rather have them use existing holes in the rail for hangers, like factory. I do understand your reasoning. The instructions mention to use a heat shield. I would rather use the factory location but I don't want the cab unwanted drone as others have experienced.

Thanks for taking the time reply. All replies are welcome.

Shelby

------------------
'97 F-150 XLT S/C, 4.6L, Blk/w chrm trim, SB, 2WD, Dk. graph int., sliding glass window, power drivers seat, CD changer, Deflecta-Shield sidesteps, window deflectors, rear sun shade, rear side window covers, hood air deflector, slotted tail light covers, Snug Lid Tonneau cover, Smittybilt chrome brush/grille gaurd, Class III towing package, and fact. wheels/tires.

[This message has been edited by ShelbyGT (edited 07-25-2000).]

Quick Reply: Best Location For FLO 40