Flo Pro anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 01:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Flo Pro anyone?

Does anyone have experience or info on this system? My local Merlin shop does nice workmanship on custom jobs. I replaced my Gibson muffler with a Flo Pro on my Expy a few years back and actually was quite surprised at the similarities.

That was a 5.4, my truck is a 4.6. Any difference?

Thanks

Last edited by macman2; 02-15-2003 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:25 AM
Dunno, but I have one on my 4.2 and it works great! Just putting my two, maybe one cent in.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...TOKEN=37026799

Old 02-06-2003, 12:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have no first hand experience with the FLO-PRO but while checking them out I noticed that the have a product line called Red Line High Performance Mufflers that is very similar to the Magnaflow design. I also found this link to theirhome page.

They have a Red Line di/do muffler like the Magnaflow except that theirs is available in 2" and 2 1/4" whereas Magnaflow only offers a 2 1/2" unit. It might be better suited for the 4.2 and 4.6 motors??

Good luck.

Last edited by LE PEW; 02-06-2003 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:56 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

Just got back from the Muffler shop and put on a Flo Pro. Wow, what a difference over the Gibson in terms of throttle response and sound. Fit is much better too. I just replaced the muffler, so I'm still using the Gibson 3" tail pipe.

The Flo Pro is an oval design, center in offset out. Sorry, I don't know the part number, as the bill just says "Flo Pro muffler".

It has a bit more rumble to it compared to the Gibson at startup and idle. Inside the cab, you can hear it, but it's not a drone by any means. I think the wife will approve at any rate.

I went up a hill that I normally bog down some in third and the TC will normally unlock. Today, it just cruised all the way up and I didn't have to press the gas near as much as before.

I really wish I had done this two years ago when I decided on the Gibson! Oh well, the Gibson was ok, but now that I've seen the "other side", I'm going to have to cancel my endorsments for Gibson..........

Old 02-13-2003, 07:23 AM
I HAD A PRO FLO MUFFLER PUT ON MY 2001 SCREW LAST YEAR. IT HAS ORIGINAL PIPE SIZE FOR INLET AND DUEL OUTLETS AND I HAD 3.5" TIPS INSTALLED. I THINK OVERALL IT WORKS WELL IT IS LOUDER THAN STOCK AND I DIDNT NOTICE ANY TORQUE LOSS. IF ANYTHING IT WAS AN INCREASE IN MY MIND. ONLY BAD THING IS I WANT IT LOUDER SO I WAS THINKING ABOUT SWITCHING IT WITH THE A FLOWMASTER. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF FLOWMASTER WILL BE LOUDER THAN THE PRO FLO?????

Old 02-13-2003, 10:23 AM
It probably will be but if you have a 4.2, you may not get as good of performance with the flowmaster. JMO

Old 02-13-2003, 11:55 AM
Question

This is just what my muffler guy told me about the Flowmasters...... They tend to 'trap' more pressure inside due to the baffle design and that's what causes the cab resonance people either love or hate.

He showed me some Flowmasters that had come back to be replaced because of excess cab noise. On everyone of them, there was a noticable discoloration on the body of the muffler where it gets really hot from being trapped inside. There was one muffler, and I don't recall the series, but it was a SI/DO. It was HUGE! At least 3 feet long, but it had this 'heat band' on it. Said it was returned because the cab noise was too much.

So, if cab noise is your goal, the Flowmaster will probably do it for you!

Good luck!

Old 02-13-2003, 12:06 PM
IM NOT LOOKING FOR CAB NOISE, BUT WANT A LOUDER SOUND OUTSIDE OF THE TRUCK. MY TRUCK IS A 5.4L SCREW 4.X4

Old 02-18-2003, 04:21 PM
Cool FLO PRO SIZES?

Originally posted by MitchF150
Just got back from the Muffler shop and put on a Flo Pro. Wow, what a difference over the Gibson in terms of throttle response and sound. Fit is much better too. I just replaced the muffler, so I'm still using the Gibson 3" tail pipe.

The Flo Pro is an oval design, center in offset out. Sorry, I don't know the part number, as the bill just says "Flo Pro muffler".

It has a bit more rumble to it compared to the Gibson at startup and idle. Inside the cab, you can hear it, but it's not a drone by any means. I think the wife will approve at any rate.

I went up a hill that I normally bog down some in third and the TC will normally unlock. Today, it just cruised all the way up and I didn't have to press the gas near as much as before.

I really wish I had done this two years ago when I decided on the Gibson! Oh well, the Gibson was ok, but now that I've seen the "other side", I'm going to have to cancel my endorsments for Gibson..........

Old 02-18-2003, 05:19 PM
Smile baddad369

Check out their webpage at

Flo Pro

I got the MX502 model. (14"x4.25"x9.75")

I'm still very impressed with this muffler and it has helped with the low end. There is another hill I travel that's on the freeway. In OD about half way up it would downshift as I pressed on the gas to maintain speed...... Now, same hill, same speed, it stays in OD the entire time. I still have to press down some on the gas, but not enough to trigger the downshift I guess........

Quick Reply: Flo Pro anyone?