Add Me to the List

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2000 | 03:48 PM
|
Smile Add Me to the List

Just got the Ravin Z-55 Performance exhaust system installed on my truck this afternoon. I am very pleased with the sound, and control of when you want to hear it. The procedure took all of 45 minutes to complete with a total cost out the door of $397.74

For those of you in the market for your own, I will list what was all included in the price to give you guys an idea of what you can expect.

exhaust pipes $70.95
muffler $116.95
tail pipes x 2 $59.95 x 2
chrome tips x 2 $35.50 x 2
total $378.00 + tax

I want to thank those on this board who helped me in my decision both directly and indirectly.

------------------
Matt Watkins
RedClear55@yahoo.com

Black '99 SC: just came off the lease, goodies coming soon...

My Truck Page

Old 10-15-2000 | 02:38 AM
Way to go man! That sounds like a sweet setup. I'm sure we'd all love to see some pics if you've got any yet. Going on three weeks with my Z55 system and still lovin it. What's funny is I just received a brochure and sticker in the mail today from my online request at www.goravin.com several days before I got it installed. I mean, thanks for the info guys but I already bought one! Now I've got an extra sticker for my tool cabinet.

------------------
Stock Stuff:
Y2K SCab 4X4, Chesnut Metallic, 5.4L, 3.55 Limited Slip, Skid Plates, Factory AM/FM/CD, 40/60 Split Bench, Sliding Rear Window, Towing Package and Keyless Entry.

Extras so far:
  • GY 305/70X16 Wrangler ATS Tires
  • American Eagle Series 146 Chrome Wheels
  • Ravin Z-55 3" Single In/Out Exaust System
  • WMS Velocity Tube
  • K&N Filter
  • Blaupunkt Houston CD Player
  • Blaupunkt PCxt573 Speakers
  • Catch-All Floor Mats
  • Tinted Windows
  • Bull Ring Retractable Tie-Downs
  • www.f150online.com Sticker (below center brake light)
  • University of Georgia Hitch Cover "GO DAWGS!"
Coming Soon:
  • Clear Corner Lights (ordered 10/11/00)
  • Altezza Clear Tail Lights
  • Spray-in Liner (or Herculiner haven't decided)
  • Stainless Step Bars
  • Hood and Window Deflectors
Pictures:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...3401&a=8556922

Old 10-15-2000 | 02:35 PM
|
I will be visiting my uncle this coming weekend and will try to borrow his digital camera for some pics. Though you being a UGA fan (I assume you went there?) you might not like some of the pics. I will explain that later (I go to GT). By the way, you were one of the positive influences in making my choice, so thanks a ton for all your help.

Oh, and I made sure I got my stickers too: 2 small and one large one. What to do with the other 2? hmm

Go Dawgs! (except for Nov. 25th

------------------
Matt Watkins
RedClear55@yahoo.com

My Truck Page

Old 10-15-2000 | 02:52 PM
franks&beans
Cool

TheClear55,

$397.74 OUCH!

I paid $295.00 including tax

* Z55 Muffler signal in dual out
* all pipes and hangars
* 24" angled chrome tips (Pepboys) $45.00

Pix at www.*********.com
go to Galleries and Darins Hotspot

------------------
1998 (50th anniversary series) Solid Pacific Green Metallic F-150 XLT Supercab, 4.2L, Automatic (4R70W), 2WD, Limited Slip, 8.8 axle, Tow Pkg, 6' bed, Rear slider

Accessories added:

Performance:
Superchip / 4.10 gears / K&N air filter / Outerwear’s pre-filter / Ravin Z-55 muffler signal 3" in, dual 2.25" out

Suspension:
Edelbrock IAS shocks / Hellwig rear sway bar

Other accessories "added":
Color keyed outer grill / Perfect-fit bra / Stull polished grills / (4) 3A Racing 55 watt driving lights / (2) **** Cepek 150 watt driving lights, all controlled by SPDT switches / Clear corners / Fiberglass hood / Chrome F-150 emblems w/ side indicator markers / Trenz billet antenna / Power mirrors / Custom painted mirror housings / Muth signal mirrors / Driver side grab handle / White face gauges / Lloyd custom colored and embroidered floor mats Husky floor liners / B-Quiet sound deadener / Carr side steps / 3" rear seat lift / Black Max soft tonneau cover / Black Max cargo cleats / 3" body lift / OEM Chrome differential cover / Smart Park 2000 / (2) Lighted Ford logos / (2) KC HiLight 55 watt back-up lights / Viper 550 alarm (remote start) / OEM fender flares / Lift lips / BFG AT's 265/75/16 tires / (Custom painted OEM air dam, antenna cover, tailgate handle, slotted taillight covers, all plastic covers under the hood, and stone guards) / 23 tooth speed-O gear.......

Stereo:
still building......

Boston ProSeries 6.5" / Competitor 10" Subwoofer / Stock head unit with 6 CD changer.

Contact me at;
lmaox10@hotmail.com

Old 10-15-2000 | 07:19 PM
TheClear55,
Glad to hear I helped. The sticker I got in the mail was just like the large one that came with the muffler. I put one of the small ones on the back glass over a small K&N sticker and the others in various locations in my garage. As for the Yellow Jackets, why is it that we have to end our season every year by playing you guys?! Even if we're having a great year we still have to get past GT. I'm not worried though. Did you see what we did to Tenn?! I just hope Quincy Carter isn't out for the season. That would hurt.

Old 10-16-2000 | 12:44 AM
|
onemilmhz,

I'd say losing Quincy for the season would be a definate loss. That kid's got talent, something we could use more of around here. Last I heard, head coach said he would most likely not play next weekend's game. He better be back 100% by the time of the big rivalry, so it will be a fair game. As for the sticker, I placed it today on the back winshield. All I need now is that K&N sticker (and the filter, of course) so it will be complete.

franks&beans,

I had that same feeling, but it was consistant from all the places I checked into. Basically it came to $349 plus tax for the exhaust, and they tacked on another $70 for the chrome tips. I did get the 3.5" tips, so that might have something to do with it, but yeah... I was hoping for more around $300 before tax. I guess prices are exclusive to where you live, and what they can get. I was lucky to find a place that had all the parts on site. some places had to order for parts, and that doesn't always work within my busy schedule. I hope you are enjoying your 55 as much as I am.

------------------
Matt Watkins
RedClear55@yahoo.com

My Truck Page

Quick Reply: Add Me to the List