Power vs. Stlye

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2000 | 03:19 PM
|
Cool

hey thanks for the advice. i think i am going to scratch the super truck exhaust. I am also thinking very strongly about the ravin. will it make a difference, as far a performance, if i go with a dual out pipe? also, one last question, will i get better performance if i go straight out the back or out the sides? sorry about all the questions but i want to make sure i am getting the best for my money. If anyone has any pictures of what dual outs look like coming out the sides and the back so i can decide which one i like better. thanks a lot.
----------

2001 f-150 black sport, V-6 5-spd
3.55, 4 wheel disk,
pendaliner, bug guard

Old 10-17-2000 | 10:02 PM
Did you look at the gibson site and the ravin site. http://www.gibsonperformance.com http://www.goravin.com

------------------
1997 F150 XLT
Debut sport truck
Ext. cab short bed
4.6l 3.55ls Auto
*K&N filter
*Gibson swept side
*superchip
*rancho RS9000
http://community.webtv.net/rexor29/F150

[This message has been edited by ALLFORD (edited 10-17-2000).]

Old 10-18-2000 | 12:14 AM
|
Red face Power vs. Stlye

I hear that the Gibson swept side exhaust system gives you the most power. I like the dual outs a lot more than the single but I am mainly looking for awsome sound and best power increase. What is best for power out of the gibson cat-back systems out of the split rear, super truck, or swept side? I am also thinking about the ravin z-33 or z-55. Will it make a difference in power if go with dual or single outlets? I love the look of a dual pipe but like I said I am looking for power and sound. All help would be appreciated.
I has to sound good on a v-6.
------------
2001 f-150 black sport, V-6
3.55, 4 wheel disk,
pendaliner, bug guard

Old 10-18-2000 | 12:46 AM
Talking

The Swept Side is engineered for towing and off road applications, i.e. more power and torque. Super Truck is not. I believe you will get the most power from the Swept Side, but it is pretty quiet, throatier than stock but not much, gets louder with more miles, but not a whole lot. Better sound probably from the Sport Truck, but with a loss of performance on the low end. Hope this helps. Good Luck

Old 10-18-2000 | 11:20 PM
|
Smile

yeah i looked at both of those. so far everyone on the board has been my best help for finding out stuff. if i didn't care about the sound i would go with the gibson swept side. but i hear you can't really tell a difference in sound. I would like to thank everyone on the board for all of the advice.

Quick Reply: Power vs. Stlye