proposed performance mods - comments

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2000 | 09:24 PM
|
Question proposed performance mods - comments

I am looking to make the following performance mods:
1) superchip
2) true dual Gibson exhasts (not Y splitter)
3) K&N air filter
4) eletric fans

Questions:
1) How is the Ravin compared to the Gibson?
2) What is an air aid? Is that the same as the K&N filter?
3) Costly is it to change the 3.55 Diff to a 3.73? What are the trade-offs?
4) What is a good electric fan brand? How does this help?

My goals are to increase torque, hp, and mpg. I could careless about making it louder, quieter would be better.

oops.. I just looked under the F150SC 4x4 and did not see a whole lot of room. Is it possible to add a true dual without lifting the truck?

------------------
2001 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 with 5.4L V8, 3.55 Diff
Options: Class III Trailer Towing Group, 4x4 Skid Plates, Electonic Shift on the Fly, 17-inch 10-spoke cast aluminum wheels, Moonroof, sliding rear window, bed extender, keyless & remote entry, cab steps, Line-X bedliner

[This message has been edited by Tadashi (edited 10-18-2000).]

Old 10-19-2000 | 04:33 AM
If I were you I change straight to the 4.10 gears instead of to the 3.73 as there is not that great of difference(seat of pants feel) between the 3.55 and the 3.73.I want to say it will cost around a grand(4x4=change front and rear gears).Steeper gears will give you better off the line performance at a cost of gas mileage.From what I have read the gibson should be quiter that ravin.Yes k&n and airraid are basically the same.And I don't know anything about elec. fans,as I have not researched this mod yet(too many other mods need to happen before a fan)hope this helps

------------------
-----------------------
2000 f150 4x4 sport,black, 3.55 5spd ,4.2 liters of fury ------mods----pioneer cd,alpine sub,cadence ultradrive amps,alpine mids&tweets,Delta tool box,class III reciever hitch,herculiner bed liner,taz floor mats,profile bug guard,custom painted tail light covers,headlight covers,cranked torsion bars,pirelli scorpion at(265/75 16), modified air box(crash1 style),JET air filter,blue cargo lights

www.lightningcrashz@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: proposed performance mods - comments