Borla Exhaust, HEADERS???, walker Hi flo CAT, help me find LOW AND MID RANDE TORQUE!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2000 | 07:14 PM
|
Banned
Cool Borla Exhaust, HEADERS???, walker Hi flo CAT, help me find LOW AND MID RANDE TORQUE!!

I just bought a 2001 F150 supercab 4x4 4.6l. I love her and i really want to get a borla exhaust on her(ya know the dual rear exit)....I live in southern california and my friends all work at a offroad store. After i get the system I wanted to get it put in by my muffler guy who has Walker High Flo cats, slap one of those in there and take the old one out. What brand of headers should i get? ANd also is one intake better then another? (K&n fipk, airraid????)

----MY motive and MAIN GOAL in this is giving my car more LOW and MID RANGE horsies and torque......

AND SUGGESTIONS ON EXHAUSTS HEADERS AND INTAKES TO GET LOW AND MID RANGE TORQUE? I wanta make my engine a screamer and need all of your help to do so....THANK YOU! I love the board and ill be posting more soon....

------------------
~K*I*A*L

Old 10-21-2000 | 07:33 PM
|
Banned
one other thing, anyone know what the deal is on this tornado intake? I went to the site but its saturday and i called the phone number and no one is there, anyones input on there system on the 4.6l v8 would be appreciated, thank you!

------------------
~K*I*A*L

Old 10-21-2000 | 10:44 PM
Well, in general, adding a free-flowing exhaust will take away low end torque, but pay off at the top end. You are doing it all with headers, cats, pipes and mufflers. If you want killer low end torque you might just want to save your money on all those mods and just get a positive displacement blower.

I wouldn't waste money on a Tornado.

1st truck? You still refer to it as a car

------------------
2000 F150 XLT 4x4 Short Bed. Amazon Green, 5.4L, SuperCab, ORP, Tow Package, Sliding Rear Window, Electronic Shift, Keyless Entry, LT265-70-17 Tires, Clarion Pro Audio, Herculiner Bedliner, Air Silencer Removed.

1994 SVT Mustang Cobra. #1032 of 6009. Black coupe with black leather int., 3.73 rear, Bassani Exhaust, Aluminum D/S, Bridgestone RE-71 255-45-ZR17

My Home Page

[This message has been edited by 2000 F150 4x4 (edited 10-21-2000).]

Old 10-22-2000 | 04:12 AM
|
Banned
Yeah i dont know I thought about what you said...how it takes away from low end and increases top end and i dont think its entirly correct. Im looking for something to greatly increase the acceleration of the vehicle and i know letting the engine breath more is a plus in that area, im just looking for personal prefernces on the Borla dual exit exhaust...i already seached the forums and listened to the comments...I like borla alot though so im sure thats what ill end up going with.

Now intakes...I know there are a few different brands...who experienced the most power on a 4.6l??????

Um back to exhaust...I originally had a plan, I wanted to get a full size slap a high flo cat in, then run straight pipes(y'ed to make duals)and put two supertrapps on....there isnt a lot of supertrapp feedback on the site...I searched all forums, not alot of SOUND feedback, all i know is i herd them on a 96 GT and they sounded pretty damn good...any imput on that would be nice.......

Now headers, good idea, bad idea, which ones? I know theres lets see Borla, JBA, bassani maybe, gibson, which header is the BEST for what im looking for(accelertation....)

I just ordered clears for the front, and euros for the rear....should look sweet on a black truck as mine...Anyone know cause i used to have a 91 explorer lifted 6 inches with 33x12.5's...I have a 4x4 and it has a pretty good lifted stance...what would i need to do to fit the 33's i took off my old suv and slap them on the new f150 4x4(so they wouldnt rub too terribly bad).

I know i posted alot of questions in one Topic....Hopefully all you long term owners can help me out, thank you

zeke180@yahoo.com

------------------
~K*I*A*L

Old 10-22-2000 | 09:43 PM
Cool

Well, I did say "in general". And it is true. When I added a better exhaust to the Cobra, the low-end was NOT improved. It didn't really lose much but there was no additional low end power. At the top end it made a big difference. I just think you might be spending alot of cash on something that won't necessarily get you what you are looking for. It will give you better sound, but if you want serious low to mid range power, again, a postive displacement blower will do *exactly* what you are looking for.

Sorry don't know anything about 4.6 intakes..

Old 10-22-2000 | 11:59 PM
|
Banned
How much would one of these blowers be? Installed not installed...? And what brands are the good ones? Thanks again

------------------
~K*I*A*L

Old 10-23-2000 | 05:05 AM
go to the engine forum and do a search on superchargers.

------------------
-----------------------
2000 f150 4x4 sport,black, 3.55 5spd ,4.2 liters of fury ------mods----pioneer cd,alpine sub,cadence ultradrive amps,alpine mids&tweets,Delta tool box,class III reciever hitch,herculiner bed liner,taz floor mats,profile bug guard,custom painted tail light covers,headlight covers,cranked torsion bars,pirelli scorpion at(265/75 16), modified air box(crash1 style),JET air filter,blue cargo lights

www.lightningcrashz@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by lightningcrashz (edited 10-23-2000).]

Quick Reply: Borla Exhaust, HEADERS???, walker Hi flo CAT, help me find LOW AND MID RANDE TORQUE!!