Exhaust Professionals!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2000, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Exhaust Professionals!

Check out Gibsons Exhaust attached web link...tell me these guys don't know their exhaust.

After reading and carefully going through their Ford web site...Gibson is definitely the way to go for exhaust...after reading what they say you will be impressed!

It's to bad that the other guys don't know their product's like Gibson Exhaust does.
http://www.fordexhaust.com/

Old 11-02-2000, 04:09 PM
Talking

That's why I have one!!

------------------
2000 F-150, XLT, SPORT 4X4, BRIGHT RED/DARK GRAPHITE, SUPER CAB,
SHORT BED, 5.4L, AUTO, 3:55LS, TOW PACKAGE, HD COOLING/ELECT, SKID PLATES
SPORT CLOTH SIX WAY POWER CAPTAIN'S CHAIRS, CONSOLE, SINGLE CD,
CRUISE,ESOF,REMOTE KEYLESS, FORD SNAPLESS TONNEAU COVER, FORD BEDLINER,
FORD MOLDED SPLASH GUARDS, FORD BODY COLOR CABSTEPS,
MODS: CATCH ALL FRONT MATS, LUND DEFLECTOR, FORD VENT SHADES,
GIBSON SWEPTSIDE CATBACK,
K&N GENII FIPK,
FORD HITCH COVER

NEXT: SUPERCHIP!!

Old 11-02-2000, 08:53 PM
That's why I am interested in one.

------------------
1998 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercab Flareside 5.4L in Oxford White/gold, ORP, Tow Package, 3.55 Gears.

Modifications: K&N FIPK, Stepshield door sill protectors, Performance Accesories 3" body lift, Lift Lips and Daystar front anti-sway bar polyurethane bushings.

See photos at http://www.communicomgroup.com/jmtruck

Old 11-05-2000, 02:37 AM
Thumbs up

IMO, too many people are hung up on the sound of a system and not the overall performance. I personally like the Gibson system from all the feedback I've heard. I'll be getting one when my next round of truck mods takes place.

On the sound issue..... I really think too many people are looking for a loud in the cab system. They often don't understand that from out of the truck the exhaust is too throaty. Gibsons sound good from outside, but you can hardly tell the difference over stock from in the cab.

Old 11-06-2000, 09:45 AM
Had the Magnaflow si/do installed on my 2000 F150. I am very happy with this setup. Nice quiet rumble at idle, performance sound at throttle, no annoying interior resonance from high frequencies, etc.
I went to Midas here in town and took a drive in one of the guys trucks that works there, a 98 F150 with the Ravin Z55. I wasn't too impressed with the sound. Would be great on a stock car, but very annoying for a truck, especially as a daily driver. Long trips would prove the Ravin to be too much interior noise.

Just my opinion.

Old 11-07-2000, 01:56 AM
Thumbs up

There are a few trucks around here with the Magnaflows. They do sound good, like the Gibsons with a slight steroid injection. I like that deep "big block" sound.

There are a couple small trucks around here using those big import mufflers with the giant tips! One kid with a Ranger has two of them! He tried to pull me from a light one day... I was laughing so hard I almost forgot to dust him.

Old 11-07-2000, 09:39 AM
Does this new gibson site sound like it isn't against the dual sport side exit for towing now? It doesn't say not to use it but the old site did.

In the FAQ it just says not to use the split rear and super truck because of cab noise.

http://www.gibsonperformance.com/frfaq.html

[This message has been edited by ALLFORD (edited 11-07-2000).]

Old 11-10-2000, 01:15 PM
Hey 2001, are you ordering it straight from Gibson, or are you going to order it threw a local exhaust shop, and get them to install it for you? I wonder how this effects the Ford warranty if they found out.

------------------
~'98 F-150 XLT Reg. Cab Flareside 4x4, Black, 5.4L, 3.55LS, tow package, 285/75/r16 Mud Terrain BFG's,K&N, GTS headlight covers, Alpine changer w/FM mod, Clifford alarm system w/keyless entry & starter disable // Future considerations: Bed mat, tonneau cover, 4" suspension lift or 3" body lift.

~'71 F-100 Sport Custom Reg.Cab
-390FE w/Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, 780cfm Holley, ported & polished cylinder heads,
Hydraulic Crane Cam, 10.5:1 CR, Black Jack headers, true double roller timing chain, and high volume oil pump
-C6 transmision w/B&M 2600rpm stall
-9" Ford Rearend w/4.10 Richmond Gears & 31 spline axles
-215/65/r15 Yokohama's for the front & 28"x13.5"x15" Mickey Thompson ET Street slicks for the back
Best 1/4 mile time @ 3500ft altitude 14.69secs @ 92mph

~2000 Suzuki RM125 Dirt Bike
-no need for any modifications! (yet)

Old 11-10-2000, 01:29 PM
Also have you gotten any prices from them yet? One thing that's a little limited with there product, is that it just replaces from the muffler back, and not from the collector to the cat and to the muffler. They talk about how restrictive the stock 2.5" pipe is, and with all the bends, but their leaving out the section from the muffler forward! Especially the driver side exhaust has the most bends.

Old 11-10-2000, 01:35 PM
I mentioned before about the WMS exhaust system. I like the fact that they replace the full exhaust, which includes high flow cat backs, and a equalizer tee where the driver side pipe crosses over and connects to the passenger side pipe.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Professionals!