MAGNAFLOW "Y" pipe finally installed...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up MAGNAFLOW "Y" pipe finally installed...

Hey, just wanted to let anyone that is interested know, that the "Y" pipe is a MUST install. I purchased my MagnaFlow Catback from Mike T and when I had it installed the muffler shop told me that the "Y" wouldn't fit...well, after a month now, and Mike T assuring me that it would. Shelby69 had his catback installed at the same shop and called Mike T on the phone from the shop...anyway, just got back from getting mine on. WHAT a difference. Yes, I know I'm talking "seat-o-pants" meter, but, I noticed a 2-3hunderd drop in RPMs; I pulled a 3/4 mile hill that my truck usually dropped back to third twice on while on 60mph cruise. SO, I'm impressed. Thanks, Mike T, Shelby69 for getting the guys at the shop straightened out. Oh, also...my factor Y was crap!!! THe dump coming from the drivers side had only about a 1" cavaity where it connected and looked like someone had used a chisel to cut it out. The guy at the muffler shop couldn't believe it. He had a flashlight and was going to show me that "there wasn't that big of a difference" with the "Y's"; BOY, was he surprised!
Now, it's on to electric fans, transGo kit; and more!
All take care!
TJ

Old 02-14-2003, 03:48 PM
Hey Tim,

Glad to hear you got the Y on and that it vastly improved your performance. Wait till you get the others on, too. WOW!

I sure had 'fun' putting on the fans the other day-NOT!! I'll show you the set up when we meet soon. And the shift kit is performing very well. Though, with the price of gas I'm not putting my foot into it as much as I once did.

See ya,

Tom

Old 02-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey polingt, did the stock "Y" pipe look like this one ??

Old 02-14-2003, 11:16 PM
Unhappy LE PEW...Acutally it was a little worse...

That's a start...believe it or not, but worse!
I'm going to try to contact the muffler shop about getting it...that's sorta what mine looked like, but mine was more jagged and was no more than about 1" in diam.
Can you believe that FORD would let something like that through? Or am I giving them to much credit?
No wonder you really see such a difference in the "seat-o-pants" meter...
TJ

Didn't post the other one in the right place...

Old 02-14-2003, 11:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That picture was originally posted by Jackal this thread. Y-pipes are a popular subject, a search will turn up more than enough results to make your head spin.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: MAGNAFLOW "Y" pipe finally installed...