Does anyone know???

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2000, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Does anyone know???

DOes anyone know what kind of exhaust system I have? Bought the truck used, 45K, F-150 4.6 Lariat super cab. I know it has a flowmaster muffler with duals, however, the system seemed rather strange to me. It has two calalytic converters, from the exhaust manifolds, going to one flowmaster muffler, then branching out into duals. Do I have a cat back system? There were no markings on the muffler other than the name Flowmaster. The person I bought the truck from had these system put on after he bouhgt it new. What was the stock version, and why two catalytic converters. Any ideas?? Please help, as I was considering taking this system out and putting in a Single Swept Gibson catback, however, if this is a good system I'll leave it alone. Sounds pretty good right now.

Thanks

------------------
97 F-150 Lariat, Leather, Ext. Cab
White/Champagne, 4.6L, Auto.
Tinted Windows/Bedmat
Toolbox/Lund Bug Deflector
Dual Exhaust
Grille Guard
Chrome bed rails
265/70/16 Goodyear Wrangler Rt/S

Old 11-19-2000, 08:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WindDancer

Since I am not there to see it by myself I am assuming those cats are the stock units. My 5.4 has two on each side.

I tried once to read information from one Flowmaster muffler installed in a pick up truck with no success. What you can do is make a drawing of your muffler with all the dimensions and go to the Flowmaster website where you will find all their mufflers specifications and diagrams with all the dimensions, so you can compare. You will find your model there.

If it is working fine and it sounds good my suggestion is leave it there and save the money for another modification.

------------------
My Ride: 1998 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercab Flareside 5.4L in Oxford White/gold, ORP, Tow Package, 3.55 Gears.

Modifications: K&N FIPK, Stepshield door sill protectors, Performance Accesories 3" body lift, Lift Lips, Gabriel Gas Ryder LT VST Shocks, Daystar front anti-sway bar polyurethane bushings and 35x12.5R16.5LT BFG All Terrain KO's on 16.5x9.75 American Eagle 589's.

Photos at: http://www.communicomgroup.com/jmtruck