exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 10:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exhaust

hello there,this is my frist time at this,i have an 97extcab with a 4.6 in it,i have true duals, headers,chip,kn filter,throtle body spacer,myquestion is it has 4cat converters on it,or as i was told 2 cats and 2 prewarmers?,i would like to know if i can take 2 of them off,as i have been reading on here that you can,what will happen if i do,and will it be more louder, thats what im looking for,as i have 2 mufflers on it now(flowmasters),there not to loud,and im looking for a bit more noice and performance! thanks

Old 02-16-2003, 01:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The problem(s) is(are) if you take off two of the cats, you'll fail emissions (if you have emissions where you're at) and you'll most likely set off your O2 sensors further downstream. You'll have to buy a MIL eliminator, and you may or may not gain much. The best thing to do would be to buy a set of high-flow cats. Last I checked, the Magnaflow units run about $200 for the set, but I'm not sure on that, as I'm not a dealer. Call Mike Troyer (info in the computer chips section under "Superchips_Distributor").

Welcome aboard and good luck!
-Flea

Quick Reply: exhaust