Please Help!! Hooker Headers!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2000 | 01:10 PM
|
Red face Please Help!! Hooker Headers!!

Ok, Here is the deal. This is my first post and I have a problem with my new headers I recieved. I have a 99 f150 4x4 5.4 and recently bought the new hooker headers. When I went to install them, they do not come close to fiting. The passenger side hits the upper a-arm mounts and can not bolt up. The driver side is no where close to fiting. FYI, hooker headers are not a direct bolt up application. You have to cut off the exaust flanges, and re-weld when you are done. Also you have to take off both wheel wells, drop the starter and un-bolt the whole exaust. After talking with customer service, they have lost the file on these headers and are trying to locate it now. The only truck that has these headers is the holley ford thunder. And that is the 2wd model. They claim that these fit the 4x4, but i beg to differ. My question is, DOES ANYONE HAVE THESE HEADERS INSTALLED?? My truck is in a million pieces and hooker is clueless? Any info would help. Thanks....

Old 12-14-2000 | 10:02 PM
yzcharger,
This fellow may be able to help you. E-mail him at chrishollis@hotmail.com with your problem. He has Hooker headers on a 5.4L and I remember seeing in a post somewhere that the hookers for him were a "yuck install".
Regards

Old 12-15-2000 | 02:48 AM
Banned
just to clear some things up, i dont have a 5.4 i have a 4.2 and i have the stock headers on mine. i did however direct yzcharger to some one that could help him. but all is cool. if you have any other questions you can email me at chrishollis@hotmail.com. if that guy that i emailed you the address to cant help let me know ill see if i can direct you to anyone else. sorry for the miscomunication.

bomber
chris hollis

Old 12-15-2000 | 06:53 PM
Yes, my goof. I hate it when I cut and past the wrong thing. The correct address that I meant to put is as follows:
DaleMarlow@aol.com
I asked him a couple of questions myself on another topic that he had familiarity and was helpful to me.

Sorry for the confusion.
GoDogGO

Quick Reply: Please Help!! Hooker Headers!!