some would call me clueless..

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2000 | 12:49 AM
|
Question some would call me clueless..

OK... I had no idea that doing my exhaust was going to be rocket science (my ingnorance) but here is my ? . 99 f-150 xlt 4x4,4D, 4.6L, K&N, (superchip on the way).. I have always wanted duals..like the look..love the sound... You guys obviously know a LOT more than anyone I know (or trust)... What the hell should I get ? And where can I get it ?
You are all a credit to the FORD name !
Thanks in advance... JD

Old 12-16-2000 | 03:16 PM
Cool

Welcome JD_YETI- If you "always wanted duals"? Go For It ! that way you are happy. Most of the major exhaust manufacturers make cat-backs in dual out, but the ones that I've seen use one, single-in, then dual-out muffler. You can also have any muffler shop make a similar system or true duals (2 separate pipes front to back) by utilizing the factory head pipes before the Y. Here are a few tips: browse a few exhaust websites, determine what materials you prefer (aluminized steel or stainless), decide on exit location and tip style that suits you, and most of all DECIDE WHAT SOUND LEVEL YOU LIKE IN AND OUT OF THE VEHICLE. The cat setup on these trucks also tones down the sound a bit. Then come back here and get some more specific opinions from people who have similar setups. If you have the duals made up, make sure that the pipe is properly sized to keep your low end performance. Good Luck !!

------------------
2000 F-150 XL, RC, LB, 5.4L, 4R70W, 3.55LS,
Class III tow, Payload #3, & Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS, Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner w/Paintsaver & gas/wheel/spare locks,
K&N F.I.P.K. w/Outwears pre-filter, Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back w/ 3" Y-pipe,
Hellwig front & rear anti-sway bars, Rancho RS 9000s,
Mobil 1, K&N oil filter.

Quick Reply: some would call me clueless..