Loudest Exhuast on the Market Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2000 | 07:33 PM
|
Red face Loudest Exhuast on the Market Help

Hello. I am a student. Wenting to get my first truck hopefully this summer when I turn 17. I want the loudest exhaust system. I am driving right now a mustang with a 4.6 liter engine 98 GT. I love the power of it and I want that much power in my truck. I want a lot of horsepower please any tips I would like it. I have been doing some research on how to make it better. Ford Rules.

------------------
Grant

Old 12-11-2000 | 11:09 PM
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...286&a=10343257

i have flowmaster on my truck.i had to take the ground effects off to install it but i am putting them back on today.
also if you want to, i am still debating whether or not to do it, you can take your catilytic converter off and chizel out the insides and make it hollow for a deeper sound.only takes about 15 minutes.

Old 12-12-2000 | 05:27 PM
My loudest was the magnaflow race. Tons of top end power, but at a loss of low end torque. Echo tips about 12" by 3-3.5" help give the CID sound. Dont forget the balance tube. My magnaflow was straight thru dual in, dual out, 2.5". Losing the stock cats for high flow units with an "H" pipe will only help the deep growl.

------------------
Drive it like ya stole it,

Terry Deaton
99 F150 XLT, Bright Red, 2WD, 4.6, S/C, S/B, Superchip, K&N FIPK, FMS 9mm, +4s, Nerfs, Leer Top, Cow Catcher W/Bright A$$ Lights, True Duals with hi flow cats and Magnaflow Lightning Style, 275 Dunlops with 3.08 gears, fat swaybars, Steeda front and Hellwig rear, 3.5" Fabtech spindles with 2" blocks, B/E Performance Shift kit with B&M Cast Deep Pan, Steeda Billit Pedals.
Coming Soon: 4.10s and Auburn Diff, Eibach Front Coils and Add a Leafs, Underdrive Pullies and Kick A$$ Shocks.
96 SVT COBRA (almost stock)
98 AERO black w/lotsa chrome
Speed Kills, drive a Chevy and live forever.
http://www.geocities.com/terrydeaton.geo/index7.htm

Old 12-13-2000 | 04:22 PM
Question

svt,

How did hollowing out the CATS effect performance / low-end? Many guys here say not to do it it seems. How did you go about doing it? When you find time...gimme a step-by-step. The only thing I'm worried about, besides low-end loss, is what it will do to my warrenty. How much are after-market CATS? How do they effect warrenty? Can the dealer get me in trouble if they find out? HOw did you make the hole, and fill it back up? I've also heard that the hollow CATS swirl the air flow, and need something installed inside. Help?!!?!?

-AR

------------------
2001 F-150 XLT 4X4 Off-Road, S/C, FS, Black[*] 4.6L Triton V8 HPI[*] 5 Speed / 3:55 Reg. Axle[*] Keyless[*] Premium Audio CD

Mods:[*] K&N Cold Airbox / Throttle Body Mod.[*] Flowmaster 40 (3" x 20" "Turn-Down") [*] Cranked Torsion Bars[*] APC XENON PLASMA Super Whites[*] Bugshield[*] Bedliner[*] Ventshades[*] Taillight Covers (Slotted)[*] "Light Argent" 4X4 Off-Road Decals[*] K&N & Flowmaster Stickers (Under the Hood)

Audio:[*] Rockford Fosgate G360A2 Punch Amp[*] JL 12W3-D2 (JL ProWedge Box)

Build Date: 8/23/00 (Kansas City Plant)

arobbins@mail.liberty.k12.mo.us

Old 12-13-2000 | 07:06 PM
I would be careful about hollowing out the cats. First, I think it is illegal (not completely sure about this though). And second, should your state go to emissions testing in the future, it will never pass without the cat. Long ago I did the same thing back when there was still regular leaded gas available, didn't really notice any gain by removing the cat, and got bit several years later when tailpipe emissions testing was mandated. The car wasn't even close to passings emissions and new cats were very expensive, almost worth more than the car.
Regards

------------------
2001 SuperCrew, Silver, 5.4L, 4x4, 3.55, Limited slip, Tow Package, 265x70x17, Sliding Rear Window, Tuff Spray-on Liner, Ravin Z55 Single-in Dual-out Sideswept, K&N FIPK, SuperChip, 1" Thick Sheepskin seat covers (soft as a babys butt), Nerf Bars, PIAA Superwhites, 9006 - 65W Fog Lights
Future mods - Roots Supercharger, Headders, revamped sterio system.

[This message has been edited by GoDogGo (edited 12-13-2000).]

Old 12-17-2000 | 04:49 PM
i ran true dual 21/2 in pipe all the way from the cats...left them on and just didnt use a muffler.....went with 5 inch tips it sounds awesome i have set off car alarms with it in town....lol i would go with this set up if you want it real loud but it is abnoxious after a while.
thanx
jj
97 4x4 ex-cab flareside ORP
4.6l v8 knn F.I.P.K
true duals with 5 in. tips
2 in body lift
centerline coronas
33x12.50 geolander m.t's
roll bars with 4 kc daylighters (200,000cp)
ram air hood
westin step bars
wiper cowl
side window louvers

Old 12-17-2000 | 10:52 PM
Talking

Hey Jackal, Summit online has some after market cats. Http://store.summitracing.com. I don't know what they do to the warranty, or what performance gains you get. I have just seen them in my catalog for like $60.00.

Hey JimmyLee
You got any pics of your 5"ers. That is the biggest I've heard of. Lemme see em if ya got em.

Lastly, Gtmustang9824, if you go to the v-6 engine forum, and look up ILUVNOS's post on dyno results, you will see that cherry bombs added the most hp for his application. You should check those out if you want loud and performance.

------------------
SpliT

2000 Work Series
Deep Wedgewood Blue
Standard Cab
4.2L V6 3.08 Gears
Mean Streak Cat-Back Exhaust(Anyone else have one, I hate mine)
Weld Super Single Wheels
Pioneer Deck DEH-P7200
Tinted Windows
Clear Corners

Future Mods: Superchip, FIPK, Bedliner, Tach, Billet Grille, 6.5" Fabtech Ultimate Suspension Lift!!!

Email Me at: F150v6@Aol.com

Quick Reply: Loudest Exhuast on the Market Help