anybody have an H pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003 | 10:33 PM
|
anybody have an H pipe?

hey guys, i am adding an H-pipe to my exhaust this weekend and wanted a little encouragement if anybody had any to lend. i was just wondering if anybody had any info on the before and after effects. my current exhaust setup is listed below if anybody gets curious...........

Old 02-19-2003 | 11:59 PM
Technical Article Contributor

BullittMcQueen,

So you currently have duals without an H or X pipe ?
or is that No Cats decient Y pipe and a SI/xO muffler ?

It just gives the no cats and the mufflers, no indication of how they are put together.

Did you look into a X pipe ?

I put one on when I did the duals.

Cannot say how the system would have worked other wise without itor with a H pipe, I had a cat back with the factory Y pipe in place before this. The kit for the duals came with the X pipe.

Going with duals and an X pipe all in 16 Ga 304 SS is the best route to take when doing the install.

At least to the front of the muffler all 16 Ga 304 SS, other wise you have a tendancy to let the xhst gas cool too much, and this is where the flow can get screwed up at when going duals.

Just what I found out when doing the research on the Duals.

Steve

Old 02-20-2003 | 07:49 AM
APT
Skip the h-pipe. It does nothing to help air flow. If anything, it slows it down and creates turbulence. However, a good X-pipe should help as Steve mentioned. Bassani, Maganflow, and a couple other companies make them.

Quick Reply: anybody have an H pipe?