Exhaust mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2001 | 02:29 PM
|
Question Exhaust mods

I am considering making a change to the exhaust system on my F250, and wanted some input from others. My primary concern is gas mileage (which I know will not see too dramatic an improvement from this), and after that low-end torque (for towing). I am not too concerned with sounding more aggressive, but if that happens to come with it, so be it! :-) What are should I really consider - single vs. dual outs, side vs rear exit, etc.? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Jeff

------------------
Y2K SD250 SC XLT, 4x4, 5.4L, Auto; SWB; Off Road Pkg; Towing Pkg; Torreador Red; Sliding Back Glass, Tinted Windows

Mods (minor so far):
Westin step bars
Bugflector II bug shield
Pendaliner S/R bedliner
Vent Shade Ventvisors
GTS Slotted taillight covers

Old 02-12-2001 | 07:02 PM
check out gibsonperformance.com.

it gives some good info on different cat-back systems and what types are best for each situation.

i put on the swept side, 3 in single in/single out. made an immediate difference in low end torque.

has a nice subtle sound to it, so you know its not stock, but it is by no means loud.

even if you dont go with gibson, i think their page would provide some good info to help you shop around.

as a side note, i am very happy with mine and would buy from them again.

------------------
mr k
_ ____________________ _
1999 f150 xlt ex-cab 4x4
4.6 triton v8
5 speed manual
3:55 rear
towing package
k&n f.i.p.k.
gibson ss swept side

Old 02-12-2001 | 11:12 PM
Nothing to add to "billycouldride" comments.

I used to have a 1997 GMC sierra sle,5.0l and i was towing a travel trailer. I could feel the difference the first week-end.If you get extra money,go with the stainless steel kit.I had the aluminized thing and made 2 years only.

I,m looking to buy a sport truck exhaust from them for my new 2001 f-150 . I don't have my t.t. anymore so it's gonna be great !
Riding with nothing behind. Good luck.

Old 02-12-2001 | 11:16 PM

I used to have a 1997 GMC sierra sle,5.0l and i was towing a travel trailer. I could feel the difference the first week-end.If you get extra money,go with the stainless steel kit.I had the aluminized thing and made 2 years only.

I,m looking to buy a sport truck exhaust from them for my new 2001 f-150 . I don't have my t.t. anymore so it's gonna be great !

Old 02-12-2001 | 11:22 PM

Old 02-14-2001 | 12:41 AM
01X
As for the mileage improvements there will be some. I went witha 3in. single in and out so as not to lose low end torque. The low end power was noticeable right off. My mileage has increased by 2 mpg. truck is still in break in so will not know full results until i get aboput 4,000 miles on her. But yes it will help. A quality exhaust installer can give you the same quailty installation as these online ordering places at about half the price.

Quick Reply: Exhaust mods