Will I Lose Torque W/High Flow Cats??

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003 | 10:14 PM
|
Will I Lose Torque W/High Flow Cats??

I got a 3" SI/SO magnaflow setup with the 18" long muffler and a better flowing Y pipe. The problem is that it is not loud enough for me. It sounds really good in the morning when the motor is cold, but when the motor warms up it is not much louder than stock. How much better will it sound with magnaflow high flor cats and will i lose any torque?

Jake

Old 03-10-2003 | 11:51 PM
I wish we can change our cats like that here in California (strict emmission laws)

Old 03-11-2003 | 12:38 AM
Technical Article Contributor

jkulysses,

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=108869

This is cats only on the system.
See if it is loud enough for your tastes.

That is one easy change out to do, without messing with the cats.
Might be cheaper then changing out both sets of cats, or doing a single cat with O2 simulators.

I have heard Ls with high flow cats and JDM silver bullets on it, and it does not seem much louder then a system with just the silver Bullets.

Steve

Last edited by SSCULLY; 03-11-2003 at 12:48 AM.
Old 03-11-2003 | 01:36 AM
|
Sounds pretty good, but not really the sound that i'm going for. I like more of a deep throaty sound which is why i got the single 3" to begin with. I just want it to be more deep and louder than it is. I thought about just replacing the 18" muffler with a 14" one, but not sure if that would make much of a differance or not. Anybody have a setup close to mine with high flow cats?? Please give your opinions.

Jake

Quick Reply: Will I Lose Torque W/High Flow Cats??