True Duals with Turbo Tubes on 4.6 Scab

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2001 | 08:46 AM
|
Question True Duals with Turbo Tubes on 4.6 Scab

I know this could get some conflicting response, but I am curious as to any horsepower/torque gains that I may have gotten when I had my 98 scab dualed out with 2.25" pipes. This is a true dual setup that starts where the pipes would have went into one pipe. The pipe on the drivers side is a little longer due to the crossover to the pax side of the vehicle. The pipes exit out of the back. I wanted this mainly for the sound and I am pleased. I haven't noticed any negative effects either. I tried with no mufflers and it was too blatty. I had turbo mufflers that resemble glasspacks, but are indeed turbo mufflers as I saw the inside of them. I don't know the brand, but I know my system flows better. My engine has a stock rating of 220hp@4750 with torque at 265@4000. The torque rating seems low as the mustang had more at less hp??!!

Old 05-10-2001 | 01:07 PM
you are the one driving it, do you notice any HP loss or torque loss on the low end? Any power difference when you went from dual straights to duals with mufflers?

Old 05-10-2001 | 03:13 PM
|
Thumbs up

As far as I can tell, the duals didn't hurt hp or torque at all and probably helped a little. I don't make a habit of ******* my vehicles and as these engines seem to be more rev happy than the 302/351, I could not fathom a guess to what I gained. It sounds great and runs good however!! I have yet to check mileage. This truck gets better gas mileage than my 95 with 302/AODE did...

------------------
1998 F-150XLT Supercab. 4.6 V-8/4R70W. 3.55 gears. True Duals 2.25" Turbo Mufflers. Fire engine red

Quick Reply: True Duals with Turbo Tubes on 4.6 Scab