Borla exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Borla exhaust?

I downloaded a sound clip of a Mustang GT with Borla exhaust, and this thing sounds sooooo sweet! It has a growling idle and a roaring acceleration. I wondering how much does a Borla catback system cost? I want my engine to sound just like it!

- Rick -

Old 03-18-2003, 08:56 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unfortunately you'll not get the exact sound because the engine is a little different (cams mostly), but there are Borla stainless systems starting around $400. www.performanceproducts.com has great prices.

Old 03-20-2003, 10:09 AM
>>>>I just put a Borla cat back system on my truck yesterday. It's SI/SO system with a straight through muffler, 3" pipe, and 4" by 14" tip all stainless steel. It installed easily and was well designed for my truck to use the existing hangers, the fit was perfect. If you're wanting a loud system then this may not be for you. I'm not sure about their dual setup but this one has a nice deep throaty mellow tone to it which is what I was looking for. It seems to be a little more responsive with the throttle but I haven't really driven it that much since I put it on so any performance gains I may or may not have gotten the jury is still out on for now. I just finished the install before I had to go to work yesterday evening and haven't gone anywhere today. I'm extremely satisfied with it and am happy with the purchase. It also didn't hurt that I got it on sale for $343.00 for the complete stainless steel cat back system. But if it's loud you're wanting then this might not be what you're looking for.

Last edited by JPF1715; 03-20-2003 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:09 PM
OK I own a 97 F150 with a Borla SI/DO and although it does not sound loud while in the truck, rest assured when you are outside and it drives by it is so SWEEEET. Nice deep mellow rumble almost makes the truck sound like it has a big block in it at least that is what it reminds me of. I have owned Borla Exhaust since 1988 and the one on my old 88 F150 sounds as ood today as the day I installed it. And although like APT said your truck will not sound just like the Mustang it will be very simalar. And although JPF1715 says it is not "LOUD" he is both wrong and right at the same time. It is not loud and obnoxious like Flowmaster however it is a nice loud rumble when under accelration and very nice even at idle. I have side exit just in front of rear wheel on my 97 and you can see it in my gallery.I would also check www.truckperformance.com for prices and if you call them and ask them to help on the price they are usaully good about it.

Richard D.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=2479

Old 03-28-2003, 04:41 PM
you'll like Borla. It has a smooth sound.

Quick Reply: Borla exhaust?