Cherrybomb Glasspacks on a 5.0 F-150???

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003 | 01:20 PM
|
Question Cherrybomb Glasspacks on a 5.0 F-150???

Hey guys,
Listen, I have a 1992 Ford F-150 Flareside with a 302 EFI 5.0 engine. I am looking for that "bad-a**" sound and I want people to be able to hear my truck from a mile away. I don't want to strip the mufflers off and have straight pipes and I have to have the cats to pass the regulations. I was thinking of converting my exhaust into a "True" dual exhaust system. You know, two separate pipes coming out each of the exhaust manifolds. I don't have enough money to get high flow cats so I will have to stick with the regular. With 2 Cherrybomb Glasspacks on it, would it sound loud as hell or what? Please write me back and tell me your thoughts on what I should do.

Thanks,
Ryan

Old 03-19-2003 | 03:13 PM
yes cutting the Y and running true duals with cherry bombs would be loud. I reccomend putting 2.5" pipe on wtih 10 or 12 inch pack on with tips out under your back bumper. That would sound pretty awesome

Old 03-19-2003 | 03:41 PM
Yes it will be loud but not obnoxious. IMO, A balance pipe would be beneficial to you and the truck. When I say balance pipe I mean x pipe, y pipe, h pipe, etc... These help to balance out the backpressure on each head and make the exhaust sound more stable and under control. I used to work at an exhaust shop here in town for several months till I got laid off I heard all kinds of exhaust systems day in and day out. It's not necessary to have a balance pipe a true dual setup but it would help out, not having one won't effect the way it runs but just the sound of the exhaust will be better, but that's just me. Also, be aware that glasspacks won;t last much longer than about a 1yr 1/2 at tops, they like to rust away at the clamps. Otherwise, it should sound pretty nice for you.

Old 03-24-2003 | 12:16 AM
You can't Y pipe your pickup into true duals without taking off the cats. From the factory the manifolds run both pipes into a pre-heater then has a 3" pipe to the cats. I'd say go with some cheap CATS and run straights. The glasspacks will make those pickups quiet, I know this because I did have that set up on my '92 at one time. Finally I ran long tube Heddman headers (2.5") to 2 cats, then straights with 3.5" slash cut tips out the sides. Sounded pretty good

Old 03-24-2003 | 01:09 AM
Yeah to run a true dua lsetup, you will have to get new cats. Why cant yo uafford high flow cats? My Magnaflow hifolw cats were like $90 a piece, maybe cheaper, I don't remember. Look at my gallery, I have a true dual setup with an X-Pipe.

Quick Reply: Cherrybomb Glasspacks on a 5.0 F-150???