Ravin 33 vs 55 vs 77

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2001 | 08:32 PM
|
Question Ravin 33 vs 55 vs 77

Just talked to a friend in another state that has a buddy at Midas. He's going to put a Ravin system on his truck for a good price (<$300) but he doesn't know which one to go with 33/55/77?

I haven't heard any of them but told him I'd post here to get some feedback. He tows a boat and camper so he said it can't have any drone. I'm guessing the 33 is too loud but don't know. What should he get installed?

------------------
2001 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4x4 5.4L
2000 Suburban LT 4x4 5.3L
2000 Honda RC51
1999 Mustang GT Convertible

Old 06-03-2001 | 10:18 PM
SuperCrewMark,

I had the Z-55 installed last October. Personally, I love the system! I like the aggressive sound when jumping off the line at a stoplight, and also enjoy the mellow tone on the highway. But you must warn your friend, the best thing he can do to help make this choice easier is to listen to each set up inside and out. Sound is based on perception, and that pertains particularly to the "drone factor". I don't think mine sounds all that annoying, but others would disagree.

Good luck to your friend.

------------------
Matt Watkins
RedClear55@yahoo.com

Black '99 SC
- 4.6L
- Ravin Z55 Duals
"Loud and Proud"

Old 06-04-2001 | 06:34 AM
|
Thumbs up

Thanks Matt!

Old 06-04-2001 | 11:54 AM
Cool

IMHO, the Z-55 is the route to go. It sounds like your friend uses his truck the way I do and the system works great for me. Of course I have not heard or know any opinions on the Z-77.

------------------
2000 F-150SC 5.4L 4X4ORP
DEEP WEDGEWOOD BLUE
AUTO, 3.55LS, TOW PKG.
RAVIN Z-55 DUAL EXHAUST
CAPTAIN'S CHAIRS,
REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
REAR SLIDER
PREMIUM SOUND w/ CD
RHINO LINER
STATE ISSUED UNIV.OF GA. PLATE.
UGA RECEIVER COVER
UGA LICENSE PLATE(FRONT)

WISH LIST:
AIRAID FIPK
SUPERCHIP
TINTED WINDOWS
HOOD DEFLECTOR(PAINTED)

A NATIONAL TITLE FOR UGA(FOOTBALL)
Then maybe when I get more money:

3" BODY LIFT KIT
BIGGER TIRES

etc., etc., etc.

Old 06-05-2001 | 12:34 AM
Talking

I have heard all three, and I personally prefer the 33's. I heard the 77's on an expedition, and it is a really quiet mello tone that is barely audible. The 55's were much better with volume and tone, but I really love the aggressive tone and volume that comes with the 33's. Like Matt said, it is all about personal preferences and perceptions. Being younger, I wanted the loud, obnoxious sound, with out the interior drone. The 33's were the perfect decision for me. Virtually no drone, and a great tone. It's just a personal thing. He just needs to hear them to make a decision.
Adam

------------------
2001 SCrew Lariat
AZ Beige/DW Blue
5.4L, AirRaid Intake, K&N Filter, Ravin Z-33 Exhaust SI/DO, Power Moon Roof, Westin Stainless Nerf Bars, Vent Visors And Bug Deflector, Custom Tinted Windows, Upgraded Audio System, Clifford Solaris Alarm W/ Remote Start, Custom Hitch-Haul Receiver System

Coming!!
HyperTech Power Programmer (when available)
Rims & Tires
Air Dam Replacement W/ Driving Lights

Quick Reply: Ravin 33 vs 55 vs 77