muffler ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003 | 02:13 AM
|
muffler ?

i have finally become the owner of a '97 supercab 4.6L f-150. i was wondering what everyone thinks is the best muffler for sound without losing torque. i'm not looking for a full system just wanting to replace the stocker. I've been looking at dynomax because of the mellow sound but am open to other options as well. thanks in advance for the help.

Justin

Old 03-29-2003 | 06:30 PM
i was always a flowmaster person, until i put a kit on with some magnaflow, and they are great, if your not going with a complete system, u wont loose anything noticeable since back pressure will remain close due to stock cats and exhaust manifolds.

so go for the soud ya like...

flowmaster is probally the most popular and will be a nice sound for a good price..

jim

Old 03-29-2003 | 08:09 PM
A Magnaflow will sound great, and it will increase you perfromance. I hada flow, and it took power away, and I didnt care much for the "flowmaster" sound. I love my Magnaflow setup, it is just great. Go with a Magnaflow. I would recommend the one part #14316.

Old 03-30-2003 | 10:14 AM
|
I had a full flowmaster setup on my v6 mustang and i thought it was a little too loud inside. it was for this reason i was thinking about going with the dynomax. the only problem is, they don;t have a sound clip on the 4.6 on their site. i love how it sounds on the 5.4. Magnaflow is another one that i haven't been able to hear on the 4.6, does any one have any clips on either of these?

P.S. thanks for the input so far.

Quick Reply: muffler ?