Atlanta, GA F150 Modders

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2001 | 04:13 PM
|
Post Atlanta, GA F150 Modders

Can anyone suggest a muffler shop in metro Atlanta, GA area? Any sort of performance mod shops would be good too. I'm very wary to taking my truck to Midas and Meineke, unless one comes recommended by a member. I have a '01 F150 HDS, and I primarily want a simple bolt-on type mods. I already have K&N FPIK, an want some sort of exhaust work (new Y pipe, and FM 40, keep the rest, definitely kep the tips), maybe drop it slightly...

Old 06-26-2001 | 01:49 PM
|
Great, thanks. I called them, and they quoted me $160 for just swapping out the factory mufflre with a Flowmaster 40. It seems a tad bit high, since the muffler itself can be had for around $80. I'll probably decide in a day or two... Again, thanks for the info!

Old 06-27-2001 | 12:28 AM
The best place in Atlanta to use is Grand Muffler. They are in Marietta, on South Cobb Drive. From what I have been told, they are the only ones in GA with a mandrel bending machine in house. They do very top notch work.

-Jay
98 F150 SC 4x4 ORP
33x12.50 Pro Comp AT's
K&N filter
VGX brake pads
RS5000 in back
JL sub, Kenwood amp

Old 06-28-2001 | 11:55 AM
They are expensive, but they are the best. Do you know who Panoz is? They do the exhausts for their race cars.

-Jay
98 F150 SC 4x4 ORP with some stuff

Old 06-28-2001 | 01:54 PM
|
I went and swapped out my muffler yesterday. (called in sick, *coff* *coff* ) They talked me out of Flowmaster 40, and into what they called a big block Flowmaster (50?). I was initially lukewarm about the sound, but that was from the interior. But this morning, my girlfriend dropped me off at work and drove my truck to her work, and man, the sound it made while it was pulling away was awesome! It immediately let people know that it ain't no soda can 4 banger in that truck! All in all, I am very satisfied with this mod. Muffler, labor, and tax all came to $166, and the job was done fast and professionally.

I'd go there again for the Y pipe job I have planned, but they seem reluctant to do it... We'll see...

Old 06-29-2001 | 10:44 AM
Did just changing the muffler help performance any?

-Jay
98 F150 SC 4x4 ORP with stuff

Old 06-30-2001 | 12:56 AM
|
I haven't actually driven it much since I got it done... I drove it back to my place, but it was an easy cruise down I-75. Then my girlfriend took it to work where, as I understand, all her co-workers drooled and gawked. I probably won't be able to do any serious butt-o-meter testing until Sat.

I did notice that the truck was quite willing to rev higher, faster. I couldn't make it chirp the tires, but I didn't try very hard. (no power braking or pedal to the metal)

I'll try tomorrow. All in the, uh, name of science, of course.

------------------
Early 90's Ford Probe -- mods: stereo stolen to reduce total weight. Speed gain negligible, unfortunately.
Late 80's Honda Spree scooter -- mods: plastic milk crate tied to the back to carry one and a half bags of grocery. Custom-made cafeteria tray-like hard plastic tonneau cover to keep the grocery bags dry in rain.
'89 Honda CBR600F1 -- mods: Newtonian Physics mod, courtesy of 30 mph collision with a VW Rabbit. Suitably chagrined.
'92 Toyota 4Runner -- mods: Rugged Exterior Package, of mud and occasional dings and dents. Free of charge.
'95 Mustang GT Conv. -- mods: hey, no joking around this one. This was my baby.
'99 Lexus RX300 -- mods: Good looking girlfriend mod. Costs continues to add up. Honk and throw money.
'01 F150 Harley. mods: Beautiful gf mod climbed off Lexus and climbed on F150. Darn! (j/k, honey ) K&N Gen II FPIK, Class III Hitch, Flowmaster 50 muffler swap.
Wanted for Future: Rear drop shackles, Bedrug, front tint, hard tonneau, complete audio system rehaul, a supercharger!!!

Quick Reply: Atlanta, GA F150 Modders