help!! question about exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003 | 06:39 PM
|
help!! question about exhaust

I have a 5.4 v 8 97 extended cab i was wondering which exhaust i should get i was looking into the flowmaster dual side exhaust the one where the exits are one both sides before the rear wheel or should i get the steeda side exhaust which is engineered by borla. i was even thinking about magana flow i want performance and good sound and i don't wanna lose torque

Old 03-29-2003 | 08:04 PM
If you want perfromance and a nice deep sound go Magnaflow. Everyone has their own view on what exhaust is the best, and is a huge debate like everything. I can tell you that I had a Flowmaster, and never liked it, lost low end, and it didnt improve top end any. I went with Magnaflow, and I gained a decent amount of low end, and a huge amount of top end. Just my opinion, but go with Magnaflow --> Quiet but has a deep sound at idle, no drone, and at WOT it just has the nicest tone, makes a small V-8 sound like a Big Block.

Old 03-29-2003 | 08:35 PM
Just be careful

Dont go crazy with the flow. I have a set of Magnaflow 14315's and a 10790 x-pipe on my truck and i did lose a noticeable amount of low end torque. I gained a whole lot above 3,000 rpm though. I'm not sure but i think the reason is that i exited before the tire. Anyway, just use small pipe (2.25) and run ur pipes all the way to the back u should be ok on torque.

Old 03-29-2003 | 09:01 PM
If you want performance and a nice mellow but authoritve rumble go with Borla or Magnaflow they are very simalar in design and stay away from Flowmaster. I myself have been running Borla since 1988 and that is all I will ever use from this point on. In fact the Borla that is on my old 88 F150 is still on and going strong same as the day I put it on.

Richard D.

While your here check out my gallery:
https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=2479

Quick Reply: help!! question about exhaust