Which is Best?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 12:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Which is Best?

I'm an exhaust rookie and need help!
I am replacing my stock setup soon. I want a deep, throaty, mellow sound that is loud but not too loud. Is ther such a thing? Which is the best way to go? No muffs, glasspack, flowmaster, magnaflow. Everyone seems to have their own idea as to which sounds best. I want sound and performance...Iwant it ALL. HELP!

Old 04-28-2003, 07:12 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of course the "best sound" is highly subjective, and most people don't get to hear multiple exhaust setups on the same vehicle which is why everyone praises what they own.

Anyway, I recommend either the Magnaflow #15609 system or Borla single system (I don't like Borla tips on F-150's), both of which are in the $420 shipped price. Throaty sound, not annoying in the neighborhood of on the highway, and great designs for performance.

Old 05-10-2003, 02:10 AM
APT--

In your opinion, which one gains more as far as HP/Torque, now that we know Flowmaster on these beasts are obsolete?

Old 05-10-2003, 04:33 PM
I just put a Magnaflow 15666 on my (uh-a-hum) '03 Yukon and it is by far the baddest (meaning best) system I have ever seen, heard or felt.

I had a gibson single side out on my 2000 exp 4x4 and it did not improve performance that I could tell, and was slightly louder than stock.

My neighbor has the dual side out gibsons on his Screw and they are very quiet but still louder than stock (not much)

Both of these systems had to be modified to fit correctly.

The Magnaflows are very quiet at idle in the cab. They are also very quiet in the cab at cruise. When you get on it they are very load but more like a big block, not like flowmaster.

At idle the sound outside is bloom, bloom, bloom, bloom.

They fit great and the quality is aircraft grade. All stainless and the muffler in polished like a mirror.

The best I have ever seen or heard.

Also a noticable increase in power, not just on "the dyno".

check out www.bestautopartsonline.com

I got my system for $380.00 after shipping and it arrived in 5 days.