quiet and more power?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quiet and more power?

I have a 97 Expy, 5.4, tow pkg with 3.73 gears that I'd like to keep from getting too loud inside but also gain a little power for towing.. What do you guys think of running a 3" pipe from the cat back and using a stock type 3" muffler? Would the additional pipe and muffler size help me much even though it wouldn't be a "performance type" muffler?
Thanks for any advice.

Old 05-23-2003, 03:03 AM
I think I'd just splurge on a Magnaflow system. They have a nice clean sound, and you get a lot of performance compared to other brands. There is a lot to consider with exhaust, so I'm not sure how muckh you'd gain. I guess my only advice would be to call Mike Troyer and see what he says. I'll be replacing my Flows soon with either a Bassani system or maybe a Magnaflow 15609 with y pipe upgrade. Either that or I'll get true dual Magnaflows with an X-pipe. It's still up in the air. I'm going to ask Mike tomorrow when I call him to order my Fans. I'll let you know what I find out.

Old 06-03-2003, 02:43 PM
HI Davet; I just put a Magnaflo 14246 muffler on my F150. it sounds real nice and not loud. There is a bit of performance gain and some fuel milage gain.If you want more from the exhaust.I would say go to one of The FIPK,s I have airaid on mine and I like it.To get something from one,you may have to off set it wiith something else. Also to keep your torque stay with 2.5 Dia pipe. In some cases bigger is not always better. good luck Oldgray.

Quick Reply: quiet and more power?